PDA

View Full Version : Forcing a check of email

BillyBobby
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Is there a way to force an email check? On my Treo, this was called "send and receive". I have not gotten any emails from my 3 accounts today. When I went to my computer, I had several from each of the three, but none on my BB.

Thatzmister2u
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
If you are BIS resend the service books. Otherwise try a battery pull.

E-

To directly answer your question. If you are on BIS there is not a way to do this.

jsconyers
02-13-2008, 04:36 PM
How was your coverage area while you were away from your desk. The blackberry does not "sync" with your mailbox, it reconciles. So if you were without coverage when the mail was recieved, there is a good chance that it will not show up on your device. The device will not go back and look for previous message potentially missed.

AndrewAZ
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
How was your coverage area while you were away from your desk. The blackberry does not "sync" with your mailbox, it reconciles. So if you were without coverage when the mail was recieved, there is a good chance that it will not show up on your device. The device will not go back and look for previous message potentially missed.

I am constantly in the basement of my house and get no signal and when I go back upstairs and regain signal I get my "missed" messages just fine. I have never not had an email message come to my device after reentering into service. Although delayed sometimes up to 15 mins yes, but if I am in a rush and need to get messages I just turn the phones radio off then back on.

Dubdub
02-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Is there a way to force an email check? On my Treo, this was called "send and receive". I have not gotten any emails from my 3 accounts today. When I went to my computer, I had several from each of the three, but none on my BB.

There is no way to force email retrieval. BB email is "push" meaning it is pushed to your BB from RIM about every 15 minutes or so.

If there is mail in your PC client, do you have "Leave Messages on server" selected on the PC client?

Were you in data coverage all day?

Has this happened before?

penguin3107
02-13-2008, 09:27 PM

This is completely untrue and should be ignored.

wabbit
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (8830: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10031/264; U; en))

Bis checks mail every 15 min if their is new email it gets pushed to the bb. If their is no svc or not on EDGE or 1XEV you won't get the push till you are back on the data network. The phone never checks bis. Bis when it finds new mail sends it to the phone.

Hope this helps

BillyBobby
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
The only explanation that makes sense to me is that I was "playing" with my new BB. I must have turned off network service, then turned it back on later in the day when I was playing with it again. Actually, it was kind of nice not getting emails all day. Maybe I will have to find out what it was that I actually turned off. ;-)