PDA

View Full Version : Wipe Handheld

Cantona
02-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Is there anything I should do before using this option?

I don't need to back anything up (all of my pics, ring tones and music are on the SD card). I would use pocketmac to get my contacts back.

I've had problems with my calendar and would like to start fresh.

Should I take the card out? Will I have to reformat the card?

What about my emails? I have two gmail accounts and one BIS. Will I have to set them up again?

Thanks.

JSanders
02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
You won't have to setup your email accounts again. You might want to remove the card for the heck of it.

Me, I would ALWAYS do a backup before wiping. Why not?

The wipe should remove all personal data, settings, mail, messages, calendar items, etc., from the device. Some third party applications will be left on the device.

Cantona
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks.

I don't have a PC, so I can't back up my data (and I don't need to). I mean Wipe Handheld shouldn't be harmful for my BB, should it be? Aside from contacts there isn't really anything else that I need.

I do have google maps and B411.

I was just concerned about harming the device.

JSanders
02-14-2008, 05:07 PM
A wipe from the options > security will not hurt it, other than to wipe if of all personal settings and data on the device.

The next best thing to loading the OS fresh.

Cantona
02-15-2008, 09:24 AM
JSanders,

Thanks.

takeshi
02-15-2008, 10:21 AM
What about my emails? I have two gmail accounts and one BIS. Will I have to set them up again?

Resending the service books after the wipe will take care of those accounts. The setup is on BIS -- not the BB itself.

Cantona
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys.

After wiping and sending the service books I was up and running in no time. I used Pocketmac to get my contacts back and Google sync for the calendars. No duplicates. Everything is working well.