PDA

View Full Version : Usb Connection lost

froussy
02-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm connecting my BB to my Pc to use media manager to transfer video and mp3 in my 8830.. but, after a few mb of transfer, the conection if lost.. I tried different usb port (i have 8), same thing.. but a usb key directly in my pc work fine.

If i put the MicroSD in my external card reader, its fine too..

Everytime I loose connection, I need to soft reset the BB..

Even, with my explorer, copying files in the BB that way, we loose the connection..

the App in the BB is the latest one.. Im on Bell Mobility.

Thanks

Sci-Tek
02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
do you have the opportunity to test the phone and transfer at another computer? That would eliminate either a phone or CP problem.

froussy
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
do you have the opportunity to test the phone and transfer at another computer? That would eliminate either a phone or CP problem.

i know its not the computer.. because a 8800 from rogers is working..

slomoui
02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Sounds like I have the same issue -- on Vista. Works fine on XP, but not Vista. I've reinstalled desktop manager and reinstalled the drivers. Happens in both Roxio and explorer, but only on my Vista machine. Hope someone else has suggestions.

froussy
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I just tried on my work laptop, to be 100% sure..

same thing..

djm2
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
If I had to guess I'd say that the USB connection on the phone is flawed. By any chance do you carry it in your pocket? If so you may have dust and/or lint in the phone's USB port.

froussy
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
If I had to guess I'd say that the USB connection on the phone is flawed. By any chance do you carry it in your pocket? If so you may have dust and/or lint in the phone's USB port.

no, its clean..
it does that since the 1st day..

And.. its in the leather case that come with the BB

But.. if the port is flawed.. why I'm able to do a complete backup and restore on that device?

djm2
02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
no, its clean..
it does that since the 1st day..

And.. its in the leather case that come with the BB

But.. if the port is flawed.. why I'm able to do a complete backup and restore on that device?

Like I said, I was guessing and your response would contradict my guesses. I think that it is time to visit the shop and have it checked out.

Sci-Tek
02-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I agree, it's only days since another user here had a issue with the USB port in the phone. He went back and got a replacement. I believe you should do the same.

slomoui
02-20-2008, 11:19 PM
My problem seems to be resolved now that I upgraded DM to 4.3. Still have a problem transferring large files, but at least it is tolerable now.