PDA

View Full Version : Help with new blackberry 8120 please!!

hannah_j12
02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi all, I got a blackberry last week and am having a few issues!
1) my SMS inbox is only showing todays messages - where have all the others gone?? Similarly my email inbox is only showing todays and yesterdays emails - I have 7837649 Bytes free so surely this cant be a storage issue?
2) my media card isnt being recognised, when I click on format media card it says 'media card format failed'
3) My blackberry wont seem to receive anything by bluetooth from my old phone!

Help me please!!!

aiharkness
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
1) You still may have a low memory issue. Look at the threads at the top of the general blackberry discussion forum. 7MB strikes me as low, depending on what apps you are running. EDIT: Also, just to be sure, go to general options from the messages folder and see what keep messages is set to.

2) AFAIK you don't need to format the cards. I'll defer to someone who knows more about this.

3) Also defer to someone who knows more about this than me. But see the blackberryfaq.com in the meantime for the bluetoot articles.

hannah_j12
02-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok thanks, the only application I'm running is the facebook one, but I'm guessing that takes quite a bit of mem up, I'll try deleting some pictures.

aiharkness
02-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Images and audio take up a lot of space compared to apps. Same with themes. There is no given threshold on memory. Put your media on the card and don't load up on more applications and themes than you really need. Follow the directions in the threads and at blackberryfaq.com and free up as much memory as you need to in order to stay out of trouble.

aiharkness
02-17-2008, 04:51 PM
See Media card not recognized? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Media_card_not_recognized%3F) and the other media card articles at the faq.

hannah_j12
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Ok brill, thanks for the (very speedy!) help! If I manage to get my media card formatted then at least I can store pics to that.