PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem With my BlackBerry 7280

BWang
02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
My Cingular Blackberry 7280 keeps shutting off by itself. When it does, the red light on top of it keeps blinking. Then why I try to turn it back it on it refuses to turn on. I have to take out the battery and leave it out of the phone for a while then put it back the battery back in to get the phone to work again. Even then, the problem still continues, the blackberry will shut off by itself in about 40 minutes to an hour. I can't even call anybody and talk for more than three minutes without the phone shutting off by itself. Please help me because I have gone through several phones already in two years and I really would not like to pay for another phone.

JSanders
02-19-2008, 11:27 AM
I would back it up., wipe it and reload the OS.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F)

And welcome to the Forums.

BWang
02-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll try that tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for the help. I'm pretty new to Blackberries. I've only used it for texting and calling people as if it was any other cell phone so it can't be anything I downloaded on the phone.

JSanders
02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Cool...one additional suggestion you can do now. Remove the battery (while it is powered on) hold for 30 seconds, replace. That will clear the memory cache and clean it up some.

Likewise, if you SMS alot, consider deleting some old ones.

Give it a few days and see if you think you need to reload the OS, after doing the above.

BWang
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
The jl program won't work for me. It says that the command path does not exist.

JSanders
02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
well, it does work. You just need to figure out your command path.