PDA

View Full Version : How can I remove missed phone call icon...

zimbu1234
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Not sure why....this has never happened to me before but while i was getting a call, my BB froze on me. So now I have a missed call icon stuck in the top left corner. I tried removing the last few calls but that didn't work. All the calls in the log have been viewed (I think) so it should have gone away.

Can anyone tell me how to clear the whole log using the device or how to get rid of this, since I do not think clearing the log will resolve?

I reallly didn't know what criteria to use to search for this issue. I am using a TMob 8100.

Sith_Apprentice
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
try to do a battery pull while the device is on, leave the battery out for 30 seconds then reboot. if that doesnt work
How do I reset my message counter to clear, or zero? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_reset_my_message_counter_to_clear%2C_or_zero%3F)

juwaack68
02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Have you tried a battery pull?

zimbu1234
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Have you tried a battery pull?

I tried battery pull , even used SoftReset....i will try what Sith suggested and wait 30 seconds...

zimbu1234
02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
try to do a battery pull while the device is on, leave the battery out for 30 seconds then reboot. if that doesnt work
How do I reset my message counter to clear, or zero? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_reset_my_message_counter_to_clear%2C_or_zero%3F)

No Luck on the battery pull. Unfortunately that link doesn't really apply to call log issues. I have tried calling myself, but it just adds a second missed call. When I view it, I am still left with the one. I don't have the option to delete prior either..UUghh..it is going to kill me. Any other idea?

VirexInc
02-20-2008, 04:46 AM
No Luck on the battery pull. Unfortunately that link doesn't really apply to call log issues. I have tried calling myself, but it just adds a second missed call. When I view it, I am still left with the one. I don't have the option to delete prior either..UUghh..it is going to kill me. Any other idea?

ok i have had this problem before. its simple to get rid of. go into destop manager and do a backup. once the backup is complete open up destop manager and click on restore/backup then the advanced option. now when this opens on the right of the screen you will see what is loaded on your phone. scroll down to phone calls/logs (i forgot the exact name) and click clear. once that is done your problem will be solved. now if you want to restore all the calls you had before this problem then you can use the backup you made right before you did this. you can restore just the call logs and the missed call icon will be gone :)

Dinan3
02-20-2008, 05:13 AM
any luck so far? I've had this problem before but with a text message. ONE just wouldn't leave.

I think I just went into my themes, switched themes real quick, and then switched back. it worked for me. But delete all call logs, sms/mms, and e-mails first.

VirexInc
02-20-2008, 05:29 AM
any luck so far? I've had this problem before but with a text message. ONE just wouldn't leave.

I think I just went into my themes, switched themes real quick, and then switched back. it worked for me. But delete all call logs, sms/mms, and e-mails first.

well if you read my post, it prevents loss of call logs, messages and emails etc.

Dinan3
02-20-2008, 05:49 AM
well if you read my post, it prevents loss of call logs, messages and emails etc.

Well if you read my post...it was a suggestion that worked for ME. and i dont think it would hurt to free up some memory either, if one chooses to.

zimbu1234
02-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I deleted all my calls in the call log. I am don't really want to delete all the sms and emails without doing a backup. So I tried backing up which I need to do for the two possible solutions provided. But when i do a backup, I get an error not too far into it saying "The Data was Not Recognized by the Device".

What gives!!!!!

Dinan3
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmm..has this happened before? I mean, when you do a backup?

zimbu1234
02-20-2008, 09:18 PM
nah...never before...the error is happening during my 1000 messages backup. Everything else backs up fine when i manually select.

Dinan3
02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
try going through your messages and e-mails. keeping only the ones you REALLY want kept and deleting the rest.

zimbu1234
02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
ok i have had this problem before. its simple to get rid of. go into destop manager and do a backup. once the backup is complete open up destop manager and click on restore/backup then the advanced option. now when this opens on the right of the screen you will see what is loaded on your phone. scroll down to phone calls/logs (i forgot the exact name) and click clear. once that is done your problem will be solved. now if you want to restore all the calls you had before this problem then you can use the backup you made right before you did this. you can restore just the call logs and the missed call icon will be gone :)

This did not work!! %^$&*T(*&

abakht
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Greetings All,

I need to create an icon / mailbox that is to get email only from Notes Secure Desktop only and not from any other source such as Yahoo, or Gmail. Right now what we have on our device is a Mail Icon that gets all emails.

Some users in their previous setup under BIS have configured hotmail, gmail, etc and now that they are part of BES, they get mail from Secure Desktop as well as hotmail in the same mailbox on their device. We need to segregate mail and put different email under different mail box.

We are BES 4.1 with Vorizon

zimbu1234
02-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't hijack my post...please repost as a new post.

Any more suggestions on this?