PDA

View Full Version : New To Me Blackberry

sheep
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
dont know if anyone remembers me but i had some problems with a blackberry a while ago and finally gave up and ended up giving it away to see if someone else could figure it out, i had a motorola rokr for a while and after droping that in water at work i found a RIM blackberry for a cheap price and decided to give the blackberry phones another chance, assuming that i just had a difficult phone and not all of them would be bad. i know its probably not one of the nicest blackberrys out there but i do like the phone i have always liked the full keyboard when i had a sidekick but the sidekicks die really fast and regret ever having one of those.

just wondering if there are any updates i should look for and such? i dont have a data plan so i dont think i will need the virus protection stuff

Sci-Tek
02-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Well, first thing I think about is a OS upgrade. But if its a small upgrade you shoudn't bother.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-7100-series-discussion/89551-latest-os-7130g-c-gsm-gprs-edge-only-4-2-1-164-4-2-1-101-a.html

I hope all BES settings is wiped if your phone where on your company's BES.

Dinan3
02-20-2008, 02:10 AM
welcome back to the black!!! First thing I would try to do is go through BBF's BlackBerryFAQ.com to see what optimizations I can implement and bring the best out of the device. You may also find some tips n tricks that may be of good use.

ricpac
02-20-2008, 02:47 AM
read everything off BlackBerryFAQ.com and you should become a Master in your own right (trust me); if you have other questions, post back and the Experts/Mensas and Supers will be able to answer all your questions (y)

sheep
02-20-2008, 03:18 AM
thanks for the help guys, ill read through the FAQ