PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question- where is the mic for speakerphone?

tshirtguy
07-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Is it integrated into the same area as the speaker (on the back) or does it use the mic on the front? :oops:

netPOSER
07-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Is it integrated into the same area as the speaker (on the back) or does it use the mic on the front? :oops:

I wondered this the first few times I used the speaker phone. Do I speak into the back of the bb or the front--LOL

udontknowjack
07-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Uses the mic under the keyboard. Same one as when you use the phone normally.

davelissa
07-13-2005, 09:36 AM
When the machine is on speakerphone, I noticed you still have to keep the phone close to you so that the mic can pick up your voice. It is just my phone or is that "normal"?

Anyone able to shed some light?

Regards,
Dave

diesel
07-13-2005, 10:29 AM
hmmmm i have one of those silicone cases for my 7100t, kind of like the skin tight cases however the keyboard is covered in the silicone........maybe that is why people have trouble hearing me sometimes

perhaps i should get the skin tight case instead, that doesn't' cover the keyboard

glennjr15
08-03-2005, 11:13 PM
NOT a stupid question! I've wondered the same thing, and conducted a test with some of my friends. They reported hearing me better when I spoke to the back of the phone, in the direction of the speaker. If you've ever looked at the "hole" which is at the bottom of the cell phone, you'll noticed it's sealed. I.e. there is a hole, but it doesn't seem to lead to anything, just straight through. Not even a mic towards the top of the hole. Maybe the phone is set up similar to the Jabra earpiece devices, and the sound is transmitted through the phone's case, etc. That may explain why so many people complain about crappy sound...