PDA

View Full Version : Can't receive PIN messages from 'insiders'!

kjaslow
07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I've isolated a problem I'm having trying to bet Blackberry Messenger to work. Seems that I cannot receive PIN messages from people who share my BES server! I can receive PIN messages from people outside the BES, but insiders can't send me PIN's!!

Whenever someone with an account on my BES server tries to send me a PIN message, I get an error window that says 'Decryption error. Please regenerate encryption key.'

Now for some strangeness:
a) I can receive e-mails, browse the web, send PIN messages, etc. All things that would require a functioning encryption key.

b) these people who cannot send me PIN messages have no trouble sending each other PIN messages!!

I've tried comparing every setting on the handheld that I can think of! Could there be some setting JUST on my BES account that might be causing me these problems?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Jase88
07-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (7250: BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Just to clarify: prior to installing Messenger, could you pin "insiders"?

kjaslow
07-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Never really tried to receive PIN messages from insiders prior to installing Messenger. But not having trouble sending PIN messages - just receiving!