PDA

View Full Version : Repainting part of screen

Rich
08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Is there a way to update only a portion of the screen instead of repainting the whole screen? I have a screen with many graphics and I have a bit of animation. Basically a small graphic moving around the screen.

I'm using UiApplication.getUiApplication().repaint(), but this seems to repaint the whole screen. Can I just repaint a section?

Mark Rejhon
08-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Toughie -- This is something I would like to know about since I'm very interested in writing a simple purpose-designed telnet app designed for Canadian relay service, or helping a company make one.

All the J2ME code I've looked at use some kind of a repaint( ) method.

There has got to be a way... maybe Blackberry specific way. The information might be found in a search on RIM's developer forum.

Mark Rejhon
08-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Good news!

I found the information: Partial Repaints (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/348713/348584/How_can_I_write_MIDlets_that_work_well_on_the_BlackBerry_Wireless_Handheld.html?nodeid=356397&vernum=0)

eradis
09-06-2004, 11:04 AM
The basic idea is you set a clip region ( rectangular ) and whenever you call repaint it will only re-draw the pixels in that clip region.