PDA

View Full Version : apps won't uninstall

camtheram
02-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I am trying to uninstall Opera, Facebook, and Jivetalk on my 8820. I went to Options>Advanced Options>Applications and deleted them there. Said I needed to restart so I did, but when my phone restarted they are still there and they even still load but do not show up in the Applications menu anymore. Am I missing a step here? I did hit no on the restart option until I was done deleting all three and then I just turned my phone off the regular way.

DacyJ
02-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Try pulling the battery out and then put it back in and see what happens.

John Clark
02-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Yep, turning off the power is not a restart. Battery pull is a restart.

camtheram
02-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Oh wow that worked perfectly. Thank you.

I am actually selling this Blackberry. Can you guys think of anything else I should remove/delete before I sell it?

John Clark
02-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Options >Security Options >General Settings >Menu key >Wipe Handheld.

Then be sure and make sure the PIN has been released from the account so that the new owner can add it to his BIS account.

DacyJ
02-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I would just "wipe" the blackberry and do a battery pull and I think that will put it back like you just opened it.

camtheram
02-24-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by PIN. I don't think I have one but I do have two email accounts setup on my Blackberry. What's a PIN?

John Clark
02-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Your blackberry has a PIN. It can be found in Options >Status. The PIN is how the BB is recognized and distinguished from the other BB's on the BB network. The BIS email system sends your email to your BB's PIN>

If you've moved all your email accounts to a new BB then the pin will be released. If not, just go into your BIS setup and delete all the email accounts.