PDA

View Full Version : Sorting business / personal data

damienc
02-25-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm under pressure to keep my job atm having recently been unlucky during a server upgrade. Can anyone advise how to do the following on my bosses 8700 BB?

"Might you be able to advise how to do the following on my blackberry? My address book has a few hundred names etc. How could I, 1stly, separate out the business/work related data from the personal data/phone nos addresses etc and 2ndly, how could I transfer the work data, if I wanted to, to some one else’s mobile or pc?"

Thanks in advance guys(y)

JSanders
02-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Welcome to teh BBF.

Separate the business and personal contacts by adding a filter to them... Address Book > Menu > Filter. You can also do that by adding a Category in Outlook.

Once filters are set and you which are business contacts, you could simply export those Outlook contacts labeled "business" to an excel file to imported elsewhere.

Good luck with this--and your job.

damienc
02-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Welcome to teh BBF.

Separate the business and personal contacts by adding a filter to them... Address Book > Menu > Filter. You can also do that by adding a Category in Outlook.

Once filters are set and you which are business contacts, you could simply export those Outlook contacts labeled "business" to an excel file to imported elsewhere.

Good luck with this--and your job.

JSanders,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post. I'll give this a go on her BB as soon as she lets me have it,

Thanks again

Damien,