PDA

View Full Version : Message title coloring

M.Ford
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Folks,

First time posting :). Anyway, I have what I think to be an easy question. I have two email accounts set up. One account is tied to my work email and is fine. We will call it account A. I have a second account that I used to get pages when I am oncall. We will call it account B. I want to have the messages from B be colored red. I know someone at work that has that set up but he inherited the BB and does not know how that is set up. I have tried to search the internet to no avail.

I checked the general option for both the device and the email account and tried various filters

Any thoughts? THanks in advance

Details:
T-Mobile
v4.1.0.346 (Platform 2.0.0.143)

PS. I did read that it might be a version issue

jeremyckitching
02-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forums!

You will need to set up a filter to forward the messages to that account as a Level 1 message. Level 1 message subjects show up as red. You need to log in to the T-Mobile BlackBerry Internet Service web page and set up the filter against the "B" account. You could set the filter to forward the messages as Level 1 when the FROM address is set to a particular e-mail address.

M.Ford
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the forums!

You will need to set up a filter to forward the messages to that account as a Level 1 message. Level 1 message subjects show up as red. You need to log in to the T-Mobile BlackBerry Internet Service web page and set up the filter against the "B" account. You could set the filter to forward the messages as Level 1 when the FROM address is set to a particular e-mail address.

At the tmobile site, I have a special emaill address set up for B. That filter is set to forward all new mails as level 1, I have set up a special sound alerts for level 1s and that works fine. Is there a setting that I need to activate on the BB itself or a special theme that needs to be active?

M.Ford
02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
So I found my problem, it was a software version (at least I think it was). I updated to 4.2 and I am good now. Thanks for your replies and time.

John Clark
02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes, OS 4.2 is required. Glad you got it straightened out!