PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Save to Media Card

Starchild Ace
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
OK, up until last week, I had a Pearl and really was pleased with it. This past week, the company upgraded me to a Curve and all has been well. With the exception of the ringtones, pictures and stuff that was on by 2GB media card. While I can see them they will not play or open etc. Also, whenever I try to save something new to the media card, I cannot. I have checked the settings and everything shows to be on.

What am I missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Starchild Ace

JSanders
02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Is there an IT Policy that disallows use of the Media Card on the new device?

Can you see the Media Card at Options > Media Card, and see size, free file space, etc?

Also, can you access the Media Card from your PC?

Starchild Ace
02-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Is there an IT Policy that disallows use of the Media Card on the new device?

Can you see the Media Card at Options > Media Card, and see size, free file space, etc?

Also, can you access the Media Card from your PC?

I don't think there is a IT policy against using the media card.

Yes I can see the media card and it shows to have a lot of free space available.

I can access the media card with my laptop, but I did notice a message I get when unplugging. It says:

A media card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessible by this device. Please place the media card in the original device to access the content.

Does this mean I need to put back in my Pearl. Change the setting to no encryption and all should be good. OR do I need to reformat and start completely over?

rambo47
02-26-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd give the un-encrypting on the Pearl a shot. That looks like it's your problem. Or try turning on encryption on the Curve.

dhollins
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I believe the OP no longer has the Pearl, right?

DallasFlier
02-26-2008, 06:10 PM
I believe the OP no longer has the Pearl, right?
Hmm, since the OP asked:
Does this mean I need to put back in my Pearl. Change the setting to no encryption and all should be good.
Then I'd say no, that's not necessarily right. ;-)

dhollins
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Hmm, since the OP asked:

Ok. That explains it. I missed the OP second post.