PDA

View Full Version : Should i give up?

dmf7208
02-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Iam new to blackberry, just got the phone and i just can't get past the fact that this phone only has 64mg internal memory, also no video. I have to remove applications to install new ones, i have to clears logs and watch phone memory space. I am thinking this phone is only good for email. Iam seriously looking at getting the t-mobile wing, any thoughts out there?

Spawneh
02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I personally think that these are a better email solution than PDA out of the box. due to the fact you can use 1,2,4 gig type memory cards i didnt think it mattered

Sith_Apprentice
02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
you should have done quite a bit more research before getting the device if you did not know that going in. I have not had a memory problem at all, but I also know the limitations of the device. I have several apps installed (11) and still have nearly 20mb free. It all depends on what you want to do with the device. Not having video is a basic feature of the device that even the rep that sold you the device should have told you. I am sorry to hear you are displeased with the device, but you should get something that fits your needs

ezrunner
02-26-2008, 09:42 PM
WHAT!!!! these things have 64MB of internal memory my rep lied told me it had only 16MB

aiharkness
02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

dmf7208, you need to use the device that satisfies your wants and needs. From what I understand about the newer devices, you will be ok memory-wise with media on the card and not loading up on too many apps and themes. But the device's strong points need to match up with your priorites. If it doesn't, it's the wrong one for you.

dmf7208
02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I think the limitation on the apps is the only real complaint. I knew about the video, the rep told me the video will be fix with a update maybe later in the year.

John Clark
02-26-2008, 11:42 PM
WHAT!!!! these things have 64MB of internal memory my rep lied told me it had only 16MB

I think he told you it had 16Mb free.....:razz:

dmf7208
02-27-2008, 12:46 AM
man no offense but what are you talking about? Since i am new to blackberry i took the chance that i would be able to install apps on the media card, since i have a 2 gig.
Rep told me about the 64mg internal memory.

John Clark
02-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Nope. No apps on the media card. It's storage only. Some apps installed on device memory can access the card for data but the apps won't run off the card. Sorry.

Sith_Apprentice
he was making a joke, its ok. you cannot install applications on the media card, the blackberry does not support this feature. the 2gb card is only for media at this point (and documents if you have software that can read from the media card) you might want to do some research and trade in your blackberry for a phone that will do what you want

dmf7208
unless you were amswering ezrunner

John Clark
02-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Sorry, I was answering ezrunner and "razzing" him. That's why I quoted him in my post. Sorry for the confusion.

greggebhardt
02-27-2008, 06:14 AM
You should never take anything the saleperson tells you as fact! He/She is trying to sell you something and a plan to boot! Always do your own research. If you just got this device you can also return it.

ajm
02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Installing apps on the card will hopefully never be an option. There are so many things that go wrong when people store apps (or some application data) on removeable media. Go do this with Windows Mobile, which allows this practice, and watch the problems arise.

Josh615
02-27-2008, 07:42 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

Try this, if you'd like. It will free up a good bit of space. Before I did this I had about 1.3-1.5 mb's free depending on how many e-mails and text messages I had kept in the device. I just looked and I have 25.1 free now, with about 4 or 5 apps loaded and a couple extra themes.

If you arent computer/tech savvy (which I am not, at all) its not as hard as it looks. Just read and follow the steps exactly and you'll be fine. If you are savvy, then it will be a piece of cake. Good luck.