just me?

ezrunner
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
memory leaks fixed would be great

ndub33
03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Coffee maker.
just me?

LOL! Yeah, I would buy one in heartbeat if it made coffee. (y)

Sith_Apprentice
03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
little late for this thread since the device features have been "released" on bgr (just rumors of course) :razz: The memory leak is the big thing, video conferencing can be done on other devices on AT&T 3g, but it isnt being used by anyone lol

mortys11
03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
i'd like to see it in my hands

wabbit
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
more ram, way more, like 8-16 gigs :)

then memory leaks wont be that big of deal!

adoonan
03-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah enough storage so I won't need to also carry an iPod would be nice. Also 3G and tabbed browsing.

jsntrenkler
03-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Memory Leaks Fixed

wayneholbrook
03-15-2008, 01:29 PM
release date would be nice

sdgeiger
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I won't switch to a BB9000 until it fully supports Sirius Satellite radio. I need to be able to listen to Sirius on my BB.

I'd also like a better browser. So far there are none that work well, even Opera Mini 4.

Sith_Apprentice
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah enough storage so I won't need to also carry an iPod would be nice. Also 3G and tabbed browsing.

enough internal or external storage? the 4.3 OS that is out can support 12gb microSD cards (well, technically 16s work, but those arent out yet). somewhere in the white papers on blackberry.com it says the limitation of the newer devices is 256gb. why on earth would you need anywhere close to that lol.

Jagga
03-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I think video conferencing will take off only if local or MicroSD file sharing is seemless and intuitive; but again not worth it. Video Messaging by the providers should've been implemented along with video calling for it to be able to sell. Its for the kiddies though.

Memory Leaks is very important (i'm hoping this is directly related to exception errors).

More device RAM is needed. I'd like a more modern & power efficient cpu than the XScale brand to be honest, however RAM is beginning to show its weakness in the Pearl/Curve/88xx series. That hourglass between switching so many running apps is too prevailent. I'd expect 128MB standard on ALL devices; and no this is NOT expensive to the industry.

undemi
03-28-2008, 06:24 AM
Jagga, Right, you hit it right on the nail......64MB internal RAM is a really "wimp", read my BB Pearl constant crash story I posted after almost 2 years of usage of the 8100...

Either have more internal RAM or offer the capability of running applications directly from the SD card itself

Then we will see an explosive market of 3rd party software developed for BB, maybe one day it would be able to brew beers :-)

Jagga
03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Jagga, Right, you hit it right on the nail......64MB internal RAM is a really "wimp", read my BB Pearl constant crash story I posted after almost 2 years of usage of the 8100...

Either have more internal RAM or offer the capability of running applications directly from the SD card itself

Then we will see an explosive market of 3rd party software developed for BB, maybe one day it would be able to brew beers :-)

I definately hear you. I like it to run applications off the MicroSD card as well. Then combine this with MIDP 3.0 - of which RIM is one of the 7 that approved the reference thus far out of the possible 16 members (8 - didn't vote on current process, and 1 - IBM, voted no with comments.)

MIDP 3.0 (JSR 271) info:
https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/sfmain/do/viewProject/projects.jsr271;jsessionid=2CD4B95B9A0BF33D365B48DBB84A1628

Overview Of JSR 271 : Mobile Information Device Profile 3

This JSR will specify the 3rd generation Mobile Information Device Profile, expanding upon the functionality in all areas as well as improving interoperability across devices, and building upon the success of MIDP2 by enhancing the Profile with the following additions/changes :

* Enable and specify proper behavior for MIDlets on each of CLDC, CDC, and OSGi, including :
o Enable multiple concurrent MIDlets
o Specify proper firewalling, runtime behaviors, and lifecycle management issues for MIDlets
o Enable background MIDlets (faceless MIDlets with no UI)
o Enable auto-launched MIDlets (started at device boot time)
o Enable inter-MIDlet communications
* Enable shared libraries for MIDlets
* Tighten spec in all areas to improve cross-device interoperability
* Increase functionality in all areas, including :
o Improve UI expressability and extensibility
o Better support for devices with larger displays
o Enable MIDlets to draw to secondary display(s)
o Enable richer and higher performance games
o Secure RMS stores
o Removable/remote RMS stores
o IPv6
o Multiple network interfaces per device
* Specify standard ways for doing MIDlet provisioning through other means (e.g. OMA (SyncML) DM/DS, Bluetooth, removable media, MMS, JSR 232, etc.)
* Extensive device capabilities query
* Localization & Internationalization (if appropriate, integrating/augmenting JSR 238 as needed)

A key design goal of MIDP3 will be backward compatibility with MIDP2 content.

JSR #271 - Mobile Information Device Profile 3
Public Review Ballot:
The Java Community Process(SM) Program - JSRs: Java Specification Requests - results (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=4506)

ME
Dautelle, Jean-Marie Yes

Ericsson AB Yes

IBM No with Comment.

Intel Corp. Yes
Motorola Yes

Nokia Corporation No Vote

Orange France SA No Vote

Philips Electronics UK Ltd No Vote
Qisda Corporation No Vote

Research In Motion, LTD (RIM) Yes

Samsung Electronics Corporation No Vote

Siemens AG Yes
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB No Vote

Sun Microsystems, Inc. Yes

Time Warner Cable Inc. No Vote

Vodafone Group Services Limited No Vote

Now, imagine all those apps running off the MicroSD card, along with the ability to share information between one another (RIM I think may have an upper had here in 2 ways). RIM, I think, already uses 1 JVM on the Firmwares, and can further their presence in the smartphone space because they'll be able to (like others) run applications upon boot.

PCgirl
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
My wishlist is simple: flash player (ok, maybe not so simple) and a tiny hole for a lanyard (very simple). ;-)

rambo47
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM
.40 S&W Anti-Theft System™ :)

metro12
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
An ATM...pre-loaded with $900-$1000

John Clark
04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
^^ Ha ha ha!!! (y)

JBaughb
04-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I know its not really a feature but i would like a snap in clip without the need for a top latch..similar to the 8700 series belt clip. That would make my year.

dennis from baoding
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
you are very creative

windycitybberry
04-15-2008, 09:10 PM
ability to have multiple alarms.

my razr had that and i grew accustomed to using that feature quite often.

Jack T. Chance
04-16-2008, 01:54 AM
i'd like to see it in my handsDITTO! (y)8-)

The other feature I want is for it to launch on T-Mobile with the HSDPA FULLY FUNCTIONAL, available on most of their network, running at the fastest speeds currently available via HSDPA (unlike T-Mo's Edge network, which runs about 100 kbps slower than the theoretical max speed for Edge, at least in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area) and supporting what is, for me, the most eagerly awaited feature of 3G -- SIMULTANEOUS VOICE AND DATA USAGE!!! No more having my web browsing cut off by someone calling me! Now I'll be able to answer that call AND keep surfing the web! YES!!! (y)8-)

Oh, and it has to be BLACK. I'm tired of all these BlackBerries that are every color of the rainbow! It's time for BlackBerries to be BLACK again! And not just on CDMA (yes, I'm looking at you, Sprint 8300!) :razz:

Jack T. Chance
05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Another thing it needs to have: A PROPER speaker, like my 8700g! I'm tired of RIM covering over the speaker, and channeling the sound through those tiny little slits! :x

But it looks as though we'll once again be relying on Seidio to hook us up in that regard. ;-)

greggebhardt
05-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Give BIS users the ability to create folders and subfolders to organize and save their emails. Why we could not have this before the 9000, I will never know. How hard would it have been to let us make a few folders for storage.

mortys11
05-16-2008, 05:30 PM
5 mp camera

trstack
05-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Browser, browser, browser...

dulcamara
05-17-2008, 11:33 AM
missing camera

plakius
05-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Tab browsing, BB messenger lets you type in contact instead of scrolling when sending a picture, allow custom hot keys, total contact mass email, wifi that works proper, a button that automatically takes out the battery and restarts it for you

Shaun
05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
3.2 MP Camera, top notch Webkit based browser, Full Flash Player integration, and the best feature, Current Air Temp (electronic thermometer).

bodysurf
05-17-2008, 11:27 PM
A lot more RAM. 64MB doesn't cut it anymore and RAM is cheap. I'd like to see it around a GB.
Timed Profile: So I can tell it, for example, to go into VIBRATE mode for an hour or two and then when that times up, it goes back to the profile it was in before. My NOKIA had it and it was great for meetings.
Profile Scheduling: An expansion of the above, so certain days/times I can have it automagically go into different profiles -- that would be great for recurrent meetings.

Shaun
05-18-2008, 07:26 PM
How about Profile by GPS coordinate proximity? That would be sick. Near the office, it goes to quiet, near the library it goes quiet, leave the office (no matter what time) it switches to normal.

This is sounding like a darn good idea... since no one will read this post, I am sure my idea is safe. ;)

Jagga
05-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I think video conferencing will take off only if local or MicroSD file sharing is seemless and intuitive; but again not worth it. Video Messaging by the providers should've been implemented along with video calling for it to be able to sell. Its for the kiddies though.

Memory Leaks is very important (i'm hoping this is directly related to exception errors).

More device RAM is needed. I'd like a more modern & power efficient cpu than the XScale brand to be honest, however RAM is beginning to show its weakness in the Pearl/Curve/88xx series. That hourglass between switching so many running apps is too prevailent. I'd expect 128MB standard on ALL devices; and no this is NOT expensive to the industry.

WOW! I SWEAR RIM must've been reading my post in a time machine some 11mths in advance! I got EVERYTHING I wanted in this post!

* 128MB RAM
* More modern & power efficient cpu than XScale - its ARM11 compliant !!
* Imbedded Memory ... thats a BIG move, that I'm not sure about. Wondering if RIM plans apps like SAP-CRM to run faster off of internal Storage Memory than MicroSD. OR if the newly announced BlackBerry Developer Conference for October 11th 2008 in Inaugural session will show off MIDP3 support & ability to run apps off the microSD card if coded to do so.

My new request ... for Rogers Wireless to offer a tiered data plans for EVERYONE:

* $15 Unlimited Email + 10MB data
* $30 Unlimited Email + 25MB data
* $45 Unlimited Email + 50MB data
* $60 Unlimited Email + 65MB data
* $75 Unlimited Email + 100MB data
* $100 Unlimited Email + 1GB data (tethering inclusive)!

Pricing I'd expect monthly and everyone automatically starting at $15 and when they go over get bumped into the next category VERY similar to what Ozzy proposed to Rogers on howardforums.com site. BUT data rates should become more efficient as you go up the ladder OR pure BES/BIS Unlimited data at $65/mth NO Tethering (add $15+ for tethering)

The market has matured, and Rogers NEEDs to take note, oh WAIT Auction starts tomorrow!!!

ksat
05-20-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm no programmer or anything, but, is it really that difficult to code the BB's to have a selectable installation destination similar to that which is in my WinMO PDA? Installing an app to a media card is as easy as changing the destination - much like in Windows itself. I would think that would be a simple BB ROM change and not be up to the applet developer.

Anyway - I would like to see:
* of course - applications and media running off the media card
* SirfIII GPS capabilities
* WiFi 802.11N
* 5.0 MP Camera
* Anti-Theft s/w similar to that on a MAC - Ping Home routine or something
* GPS-based Profiles (what an awesome idea!)
* Oh yea ... almost forgot: Verizon to stop crippling their devices!!

Air Force One
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I agree with all the above posts and would like to add a small want..

I figure it won't happen but I'd like to have the colored LEDs under the trackball like the original pearl.

AF1

ApacheIndian
05-25-2008, 07:02 PM
A small projector to deliver mini ppt presentations would be awesome

DSS597
07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
two words VIDEO CONFRENCING! sp?

Forward facing camera to add to that!

nursalk
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
fm transmitter:)

John Clark
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM
You gonna be a DJ?

I think all we'd need is an FM receiver. ;-)

glen3918
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
I'd like to have the ability to have an automatic signature for sms and mms. Not really a big deal. Definately more RAM! The ability to block sms and mms for 1 or 2 numbers!

rain125
07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Ability to listen shoutcast.

RKRick
07-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Tabbed browsing and more memory

flightnreno
07-14-2008, 04:49 PM
i agree tabbed browsing and a better browser all around.

xkylar
07-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Remote self-destruct option just in case it gets lost or stolen.

greggebhardt
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
OK my last but most important want on the 9000:

D E L I V E R Y ! ! ! !

J
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
A glass screen (if it's REALLY plastic) and geez louise (though it hasn't made me stray yet!) a browser that fits in with the year 2009!

I'd never NOT have a blackberry so, I'm takin` whatever they dish out.

On the real though, I'm crazy in love and addicted to my Curve, so I'm pretty torn about how I may feel about the Bold when I see and feel it! When I went to the Curve I was coming from a (don't laugh) a 7520 (nextel)- so the Curve was major deal for me.

I'm hoping I'll decide to not stay with the Curve as that would bum me out cause I have the bold all worked out to be like the be all end all of all BB's in my head!