PDA

View Full Version : Starting over with Enterprise?

dconaway
03-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm clueless technologically, so thanks for bearing with me. I've got a Blackberry 8700c that's worked fine for nearly a year; I am synced up to MicroSoft Outlook at my office, where we have an Enterprise account.

A few days ago I got a "Congratulations" message from BBerry's activation server indicating that I'd successfully set up a personal email account (an activation I'd tried, and failed, to activate MONTHS ago, and since then don't even use that email server anymore). That was the very last email I've received on my BBerry... Somehow I've managed to "disconnect" my ACTIVE Blackberry email account, through my office, linked to my company's Outlook, and instead have an activated account for an ISP I no longer use!

So I figure I need to reactive Enterprise, even if it means, essentially, wiping my Blackberry clean and returning it to its "virgin" state from 10 months ago, when I first got it. But nowhere on my BlackBerry can I find a way to re-access Enterprise--the icon that the "Getting Started" Guide shows is just gone, as is anyway to to access it by drilling down, at least that I can find. And I seem to be too dense to make sense of the various "help" sites I've gone to (including this one). And I work for a small company that doesn't have an IT dept.

Has anybody come across this problem, and/or have any idea of what I should do?

NJBlackBerry
03-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Welcome to BB Forums.
In order to redo the Enterprise Activation, you will need a special activation password which has to be set on the Enterprise server. Someone at the company must know how to do that.

The Enterprise Activation icon can be found in Options -> Advanced -> Enterprise Activation. But you will need the activation password first.