PDA

View Full Version : Too many phone numbers

Jimmybobby
03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm never away from my computer for all that long, still I like to sync my calendar, etc. with Outlook 2007. Problem is, I have SO many contacts and when I'm running around town I really need to have maybe ten percent of them in my phone. I'm not likely to need to call the Pest Control Guy while I'm at the mall, right? Is there a way to have an abridged contacts list for the Blackberry that still syncs up with Outlook, while Outlook still features the whole-enchilada version of Contacts?
TIA, y'all...

Sith_Apprentice
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
welcome to the forums. and the device can hold tens to hundreds of thousands of contacts. any reason you only want them on your phone sometimes? seems to me that would be alot of work for no reason. you can put your contacts in outlook into folders and map which personal folder you want to sync via Desktop Manager > Synchronize > Configuare Sync > Contacts > Advanced > Map Folder

Jimmybobby
03-01-2008, 09:11 PM
That's gonna do it. Thanks.

monkeypaw
03-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, just make another "Contacts" folder in Outlook. Put the contacts you don't want on the phone into that one. Then just sync to main contacts folder.

The other way to view only the 10% you want is to use categories. Then on the BB, you filter by category. But then you have to do a bunch of editing of addresses. Unless the contacts are already nicely categorized, it's easier just to copy a bunch to the new folder.

TroyDBrown
03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I to use Categories!