PDA

View Full Version : BES: "Connection Refused"

Noah
07-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi all-

I've been browsing the forums in search of a fix for my problem but so far have been unable to find it; the IT support at my company has also been unable to fix my problem.

I've got a new 7290 from T-Mobile via my company. BES is activated, and for the first 10 hours all worked fine. However, about a week ago I stopped receiving my Exchange mail. According to the Redirector:

Result of last transaction to the handheld: Refused by handheld.

We've re-installed the desktop manager several times. We've reloaded the BES account on the server. We've checked with the provider and they reset my account.

Nothing has fixed this problem. I can browse, I can receive my web client e-mail, and I love the device. However, I can't get my work e-mail which was the whole purpose of this thing.

Any recommendations?

mikej5780
07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Call your carrier. They likely switched you to a prosumer (web client only) BlackBerry data plan. If you are not on an enterprise plan, the BES traffic gets refused by the relay.

Noah
07-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Call your carrier. They likely switched you to a prosumer (web client only) BlackBerry data plan. If you are not on an enterprise plan, the BES traffic gets refused by the relay.

I checked with Tmobile; I'm on an enterprise plan (billed directly to my company) so that isn't it... at least they say it isn't it.

edy
07-18-2005, 02:41 AM
I had the exact problem in my organization with a Blackberry.

I thought, It is a problem with the BES server or the device and tried everything. Finally I called the service provider and they switched off and on the BB service.

After that I had to turn off the device wait a bit and turn it on. This was the solution.

Regards
Edy

Noah
07-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Friday afternoon, convinced the problem was with the provider, I worked my way through the T-Mobile support heirarchy.

I started with business support, who told me everything was fine since they had reset the account and that was all they needed to do. At my urging, however, they agreed to transfer me to the "data support desk". At the data desk, I worked my way up three levels of support. Finally, when I got to the highest level, the guy looked at my account and said, "Oh, I see something mis-configured here. Even though you are on an Enterprise account and it looks fine for BES, we didn't make the right settings to allow the messages to come through to the handheld". He made one quick change and the e-mail started flooding in.

The moral of the story is, if you are convinced the problem exists, just keep asking for a supervisor until it gets fixed.