PDA

View Full Version : I regret updating my software

sbbamafan
03-02-2008, 05:55 PM
OK - after 2 1/2 years of having my 7105 I was having some problems. I went to the T Mobil store and they advised that I really needed to update my software. Since I did so about an hour ago I have noticed 3 things bad so far.

My ring tone is gone. No big deal - I'll just leave it this was.
My internet access is gone. It may be there but the icon is definitely gone. If it is there, I dont know how to find it / use it.
It doesnt know the phone number to check messages (this number was on the phone when I got it so all I had to do was press and hold "1"). Unfortunately, I dont have any idea what this number is. How do I get it. I do recall that it had an 805 area code.

I also used to have aobut 12 icons showing. Now I have 8 and I am trying to recall what I used to have in aside from the internet icon. Any idea?

What else can I expect not to work any more? is there a 'global' way to fix any of this stuff?

Thanks

John Clark
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
1. Ringtone is gone because it's a whole new batch of ringtones.

2. Browser: Go to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >click wheel >Register Now.

3. "1" for voicemail. Go to Phone then hit menu and select Options. Then select "View Speed Dial List." Scroll to the "1" key and delete whatever is in there (even if it's blank.) Then save the settings and remove the battery and reinsert to reboot the phone.

aiharkness
03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

To get your blackberry browser back, and probably some other things, too, resend your service books. See http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_resend_my_service_books%3F. Do that and see where you stand.

If you lost 3rd party apps and didn't back them up, you will have redownload.

sbbamafan
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
JC - I dont have an 'options' icon any more. I guess that is one that is missing. I dont remember what that one looked like. Can you tell me?

The reboot got the voicemail back. Thanks for that one.

sbbamafan
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
aiharkness - I did what you said and all is back. It looks normal anyway. Will I notice any diferences using the new OS? Thanks very much for the speedy and accurate responses.

aiharkness
03-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

OS upgrades bring some improvements and some changes, and often new features. You are bound to notice differences. Hopefully whatever problems you had with old OS are fixed.

JSanders
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Options = Settings = Tools ==== All the same.

Good luck with it, and ROLL TIDE!

Soapm
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
OK - after 2 1/2 years of having my 7105 I was having some problems. I went to the T Mobil store and they advised that I really needed to update my software. Since I did so about an hour ago I have noticed 3 things bad so far.
My ring tone is gone. No big deal - I'll just leave it this was.
My internet access is gone. It may be there but the icon is definitely gone. If it is there, I dont know how to find it / use it.

Hopefully you backed up your device before upgrading the software. If so you should be able to restore your ringtones from your backup. If i'm not mistaken, they are in the content store.

It doesnt know the phone number to check messages (this number was on the phone when I got it so all I had to do was press and hold "1"). Unfortunately, I dont have any idea what this number is. How do I get it. I do recall that it had an 805 area code.

805 637-7243... You can add it as speed dial to that same key.

EDIT to ADD... Go into the phone and hit your menu and select options and you will see where to add the voicemail number back in

John Clark
03-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Soap, he got the voicemail fixed. Not everyone has the same voicemail phone number. The method above is the proper way for fixing the speed dial problem.

mizditz101
03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Oddly enough, I just checked my voicemail number, and it's the same as the one he posted :-o :-o