PDA

View Full Version : Sync Issues

Blinkey
03-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Hi

I have a 8700 and the BB Desktop Manager on my PC. I have just defected from a PDA and Activesync so am used to that. I love my BB but seem to have some sync issues!

When I connect my BB to the PC, Desktop Manager starts up and syncs. However it doesn't seem to update the reminders in Calendar (MS Outlook). If I have a reminder come up while my BB is connected to the PC, I snooze it an hour on the PC but it doesn't update my device. I diconnect and reconnect and still no change.

Do I have something set-up incorrectly? I have set it up to sync 'both ways'.

Many thanks for any help.

Blinkey

Moonshadow
03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
My experience has been that "reminders" are not sync'd or coordinated. i.e. Snoozing or dismissing a reminder on one device does not affect the status of the reminder on the other.

Blinkey
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Ok, thanks for that Moonshadow, I'll have to find a workaround. The jury is still out on whether I should stay with my Blackberry or go back to Win Mobile, Palm or another OS.
Many thanks.

Moonshadow
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
NP... BTW welcome to BB Forums. Hope u stay with the BB. While not the same as the PC mobile devices, having used both, I think you are much further ahead with the BB and it is the "industry standard" for business and government.