PDA

View Full Version : vmail messages icon will not go away

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
My voice mail messages icon will NOT go away.

I thought this might have been a theme issue, but it shows up on the other themes as well. I expected the icon to show up WITH a number beside it for the number of unopened messages waiting in my box.

I imagine this is some kind of setting, possibly a bug.

Please advise.
bam

JSanders
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Try these different tips to reset that... sometimes simply call your BB, leaving another voice mail and retrieving and deleting it, will clear it.

How do I reset my message counter to clear, or zero? - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_reset_my_message_counter_to_clear%2C_or_zero%3F)

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 07:18 PM
JSanders, thank you for the prompt reply.
These did not fix my problem. I am NOT having an issue with seeing the caller id or number when people call. That works perfectly fine.

I am talking about the symbol that tells me I have a new voice mail message. It looks like a tape... it is located above near where I get the little mail symbol that looks like an envelope.

That symbol does not ever go away. Even when my voice mail box is completely empty!! Thus I cannot tell if I have NEW voice mail or not after someone has called. To find out I have to dial my vmail and see if anything is in there. This is tedious and frustrating.

Other suggestions?

bam

Try these different tips to reset that... sometimes simply call your BB, leaving another voice mail and retrieving and deleting it, will clear it.

My Caller ID name/number do not show when I get a call or SMS - BlackBerryFAQ.com (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/My_Caller_ID_name/number_do_not_show_when_I_get_a_call_or_SMS)

Thatzmister2u
03-03-2008, 07:25 PM
JSanders, thank you for the prompt reply.
These did not fix my problem. I am NOT having an issue with seeing the caller id or number when people call. That works perfectly fine.

I am talking about the symbol that tells me I have a new voice mail message. It looks like a tape... it is located above near where I get the little mail symbol that looks like an envelope.

That symbol does not ever go away. Even when my voice mail box is completely empty!! Thus I cannot tell if I have NEW voice mail or not after someone has called. To find out I have to dial my vmail and see if anything is in there. This is tedious and frustrating.

Other suggestions?

bam

Try his link again (in JSanders first post not your quote of it), I think he intended a different one. Let us know!

E-

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I tried the same link... went through all three steps AGAIN... did not resolve the problem.

Thank you for passing the link it is most helpful to learn about the different settings in my berry.

And, I would still like to resolve this issue.

Please advise.
bam

Try his link again (in JSanders first post not your quote of it), I think he intended a different one. Let us know!

E-

juwaack68
03-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Did you try JSander's advice of "sometimes simply call your BB, leaving another voice mail and retrieving and deleting it, will clear it."?

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I did, and I have no resolve.
I checked again and there the voice says "You have no messages in your mail box." yet the icon remains displayed on my overhead.

next>>>

Did you try JSander's advice of "sometimes simply call your BB, leaving another voice mail and retrieving and deleting it, will clear it."?

JSanders
03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I posted the link above I meant to post (yes, I do make mistakes, too often, lol) but in this case, that is the link I meant, to clear the voicemail icon.

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Ok. Well it is still not working..

My voice mail is completely empty.. I have tried calling it again and all three steps from your link and have no resolve.

btw: my aim name is: ultimatebmac and I am online.

I posted the link above I meant to post (yes, I do make mistakes, too often, lol) but in this case, that is the link I meant, to clear the voicemail icon.

juwaack68
03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I did, and I have no resolve.
I checked again and there the voice says "You have no messages in your mail box." yet the icon remains displayed on my overhead.

next>>>

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but you called your Blackberry from another phone, and left a voicemail on your Blackberry (use the option to mark it 'urgent')? Then from your Blackberry you checked your voicemail, listened to the message you just left, hung up, and still had the voicemail icon?

bmccall17
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but you called your Blackberry from another phone, and left a voicemail on your Blackberry (use the option to mark it 'urgent')? Then from your Blackberry you checked your voicemail, listened to the message you just left, hung up, and still had the voicemail icon?

correct on all accounts.
that tape symbol is still there.

i am using the "wave-icon" theme... if that makes a difference for anyone...

bam

pvdiamon
03-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I am still having this same problem too. I have tried all above EXCEPT wiping the OS which I would prefer not to hassle with. Is this a common problem? The only variables I can recall are that relatively recently (before this problem), I downloaded OperaMini, and I changed my wallpaper to black using a JPG file on my memory card. It doesn't seem like those should have any effects. Is wiping the OS the only other solution?

John

pvdiamon
03-22-2008, 08:59 PM
OK, I got my message icon and wrong count to revert to normal. I simply went into Call Log>Options>Call Logging and checked it to show Missed calls in the Message List. I had switched that to None. I called the BB, left a voice mail, and could then get rid of the icon. It appears that having Missed Calls logged is necessary for the voice mail icon to work properly. I suppose I should test this theory. Nothing else corrected it however. And I hate making things not work again! SO, first, anyone with this problem of voice mail icon not going away, see what you have checked off in Call Logging. If this is a consistent problem and solution, I guess it represents an OS bug.

John

brownhead
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Just a note - I had this problem and calling the voicemail and deleting it fixed it for me as mentioned above. Only thing thats been bugging me is that the voicemail indicator does not show the NUMBER of voicemails I have waiting. Anyone have a fix for that? Please let a brother know ! Thanks in advance

Aerospace_Cadet
12-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Just curious... have you just returned from a trip were your BB had to roam? Sometimes you get a message on the network you roamed to and when you roam back to your original network there is no way to clear the message from the roamed network. I do believe the only way is to have you provider clear it.