PDA

View Full Version : BES related question with my 8830

cestmoi
03-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Hello All

Virgin poster.

Recently, I've been assigned VZW's 8830 by my work and after setting up the GMAIL's imap feature for my account, I noticed that I have a separate gmail inbox and also an inbox for my work's Exchange inbox which is categorized as "Desktop."

So I look in the "Desktop" inbox and lo and behold, it looks like it contains all my emails (work and gmail).

My question is this: Will the BES admin at my work be able to see my GMAIL content or is this strictly only on my BB that I can see the GMAIL?

Please advise as I'd like to keep my personal emails personal!

Since I have no idea how the BES server works so any experienced BES admin can advise?

Thanks in advance!

cestmoi
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
No BES admin lurk here or nobody wants to share?

Is there some sort of conspiracy?

I just want to know if the BES Enterprise will allow the admin to see all emails in the "desktop" inbox on the BB as that inbox seems to show ALL emails from pop3 or IMAP of free accounts such as Hotmail, GMAIL, Yahoo, etc.

juwaack68
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
No, the BES Admin cannot see your BIS email.

They can, however, limit your ability to send AS your BIS account and force all outgoing mail to go from your company mail account.

kjjb0204
03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Juwaack68 - you're absolutely sure, right? I had a similar question, and Dawg said the opposite:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/106927-fairly-new-bb-question-browsers.html

juwaack68
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
The only way I could read your BIS email is to take your device and read them.

I used to use BIS on my work device, and I jumped from device to device all the time - and my BIS emails were not restored when the new device pre-populated.

kjjb0204
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm thinking that might be because your BES email has everything on the Exchange server, and a restore just pushes that info back to your bb. BIS email isn't stored on the server (unless you have it set to leave a copy on the server when you download email), so a restore of your bb would not necessarily put your BIS emails back on your bb.

Dubdub
03-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Personally, if my employer was providing the device and paying the bill, I wouldn't put any personal info - email, contacts or calendar info - on the device that I didn't want them to see. Whether they can look at it or not, I wouldn't even want to take the chance.