PDA

View Full Version : 8830 browser problems

FinanceMan
03-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I just got my first BB 8830 (VZW(n)) Everyday, I MEAN everyday, I will my phone will lose connection with the data server. I am still able to make calls, but NO email, NO browser. Doing a hard reset (pulling battery) fixes the problem for a short time. Whats the deal? Is this an issue with the 8830?

Thanks

six attack
03-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Are you sure you get good data coverage in your location? I had a similar problem with very, very poor data service and called Verizon to complain. They told me that their engineers would "work on it".

You can imagine my skepticism, but a few weeks later I had excellent data and voice (all bars full) service.

I've been problem free ever since (> 6 mos).

greggebhardt
03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes it sounds like you have poor coverage. You can use the phone but may not have good enough coverage for data.

How is your coverage?

FinanceMan
03-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I live in the heart of phoenix and I have never dropped a call. If there is poor data coverage here then I think its time for a switch.

Keyscan
03-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I just got my first BB 8830 (VZW(n)) Everyday, I MEAN everyday, I will my phone will lose connection with the data server. I am still able to make calls, but NO email, NO browser. Doing a hard reset (pulling battery) fixes the problem for a short time. Whats the deal? Is this an issue with the 8830?

Thanks

Dropping a call and data coverage do not have much in common...

When you are unable to browse the internet, check 2 things.

1) Ensure you have a 1XEV at the top of the screen.
2) Navigate to Options -> Status, and check the signal strength.

If you are at a range of -90dBm to -110dBm at the time of your issue, then you are not maintaining a strong data connection. Reason being: the area you are located in.

FinanceMan
03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Okay... Well how do you explain that it will not work and when I remove the battery and put it back in and the browser works just fine?? I have not moved one inch and now it works. Does not make sense to me.