PDA

View Full Version : 8703e and T-Mobile?

mishana
03-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Boys and Girls,
I am pretty new to this forum and I have few questions and maybe you can help... I got a 8703e from a friend that was used as promotional phone with sprint account. I am T-Mobile customer ( still have 2 years contr) and need email badly for my work. Questions are...can this BB (8703e) work with T-Mobile (I can get it unlocked I guess)? Where do you put the SIM card (I've removed the battery and couldn't see SIM slot)?
If not is there a place on this site where I can exchange it for, I don't know - 8700g, since that model works with T-Mobile?

This phone is brand new (it was sitting in the box for few months), used for one week tops and I would like to keep it, if possible but don't want to break the contr and pay extra fees just to switch to verizon or sprint...:smile:

thanks.

Perfect Storm
03-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Welcome to the forums.

The 8703e is a CDMA device and therefore will not work with T-Mobile or AT&T, and will not take a SIM card. The CDMA networks in the states are Verizon and Sprint (probably a few more), but since it is branded to Sprint they are your only choice.

juwaack68
03-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Perhaps you could list this device in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum and see if someone would be willing to trade your 8703e for an 8700g.....

mishana
03-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys. Didn't know the difference between CDMA and GMS but I do now.