PDA

View Full Version : Interesting problem

andyberry
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Well I've had my 8703e for 2 months and while it worked flawlessly at first it really seems to be deteriorating! Two main problems:

1) I can no longer phone someone from my address book by highlighting the # and pressing the track wheel. This used to work fine but suddenly it just lost this function. I can SMS this way, but to place a call from my address book I now have to look it up, memorize it, and manually dial it.

2) My device no longer auto opens to a text or e-mail when I recieve it. Use to be, the phone would vibrate, I'd pull it out of the holster, and the text or e-mail would be opened - not any more! I have to go to the "messages" icon, open it and find the new message.

Any ideas???

Thanks

juwaack68
03-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the forums!

The first thing I would do is a hard reboot (aka "battery pull"). While the device is on, remove the battery, leave it out for 30 seconds, put it back in and let it boot up.

Are either of your issues resolved after doing this?

andyberry
03-17-2008, 02:00 PM
will I lose any data on the device - ie. my stored phone numbers and memoes? Can't afford that!

crisambo
03-17-2008, 04:05 PM
will I lose any data on the device - ie. my stored phone numbers and memoes? Can't afford that!

Battery pull doesnt usually cause data loss. . . However, it is always a good idea to back-up your handheld periodically, and everytime prior to software upgrade or 3rd party apps installation.