PDA

View Full Version : can't unlock at&t blackberry 8800 -- please help

PDAetc
03-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi guys,
Can anyone know why I cannot unlock my AT&T blackberry 8800?

I bought three (3) AT&T Blackberry 8800's on eBay. I was hoping to unlock them all. To my surprise my unlock guy told me he cannot find the unlock code for any of the 3 phones on the server.

This never happened to me before? What are my options now? Can anyone be able to unlock these phones?

Thanks,
Jennifer
idontwantnodrama@<hidden>

JSanders
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
There are different databases, I am told. You might try another unlocker, like HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada&rsquo;s Cellular Repair Center ß (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com)

You could have pre-release or carrier test devices in which the IMEIs were not included in the database.

Cory Scheuer
03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
hey, shoot me a PM i can get you all of your codes direct from RIM for you, the cost isnt cheap tho, i believe its 50 per code... let me know!

email me at ccgburning@<hidden> if you are interested

6502programmer
03-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Call up AT&T. Use something like FakeNameGenerator to come up with the details. Tell them you bought an AT&T device off of ebay, and want to get it unlocked. Do NOT tell them you're an AT&T customer. Use email as your contact (they'll ask if you want email or phone).

I had my unlock code within two days.

Cory Scheuer
03-19-2008, 01:30 AM
i'm already helping her... lol i'm already in contact with RIM for the codes :)

NickfromIL
03-19-2008, 03:35 AM
I second the recommendation of calling AT&T and asking them. 2 days after I bought my Pearl from Verizon I called them back, and simply asked for the unlock code. They gave it to me without a fuss, because I wasn't threatening to cancel my contract or anything.

rambo47
03-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Another option is GSMPhoneSource.com

They've unlocked devices for me in the past, no problem.

oBBsessed
03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Another option is GSMPhoneSource.com

They've unlocked devices for me in the past, no problem.

I'll second this recommendation--GSMPhoneSource unlocked a couple of 8700s for me and service was great. I'll need to unlock a non-BB phone for my wife in the near future and plan to use them (it's one guy actually, AFAIK, so he handles everything himself) again.

mckinneycm
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Why pay??? AT&T will give you the codes for FREE. I've unlocked multiple BB's through AT&T with no issues at all.

rambo47
03-19-2008, 01:59 PM
They'll give you the codes, but one at a time, and only one every 3 or 6 months.:-(

mckinneycm
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
They'll give you the codes, but one at a time, and only one every 3 or 6 months.:-(

Not true! I did a 8820, 8320 and 8100 at the same time.

crisambo
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
It may be possible that these devices were freebies at their Launch Party. If so, they seem to be unlockable . . . even Adam had difficulty getting Launch devices unlocked . . . Best bet would be Cory at RIM...

crisambo
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Not true! I did a 8820, 8320 and 8100 at the same time.

... you must have multiple lines ? . . . generally carriers provide codes about once every 60-90 days for each line...

JEEPers
03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I know for a fact that a carrier must provide the unlock code if you requested and if you are a long time customer. I believe it was some new rule change. This works for AT&T at least.

fxstsb
03-23-2008, 03:38 PM
I used Bongo wireless once. I called ATT once and that worked. I told them that I paid retail for the phone from them and wanted to use it overseas. Actually I never unlocked it, I still have the code and just have to pop in a new sim card but the overseas rates were not that bad. Now I used an Iphone and it was terrible, $100 a day. You find out that after wards.

StanMort
03-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Has anybody had any luck calling Suncom to get unlock codes? I'm looking to buy a locked Suncom BB for a good deal.

Cory Scheuer
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Suncom is notorious for not giving out codes... i have had a few clients come to be with Suncom phones asking for help, because they would give them the codes

oleleho
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Call up AT&T. Use something like FakeNameGenerator to come up with the details. Tell them you bought an AT&T device off of ebay, and want to get it unlocked. Do NOT tell them you're an AT&T customer. Use email as your contact (they'll ask if you want email or phone).

I had my unlock code within two days.

What you suggested work very well with me too. Previously I asked CCG Burning guy (Cory) but his fee is quite costly (US$60) so I tried another vendor ("blowfish") with $35. It turned out to be useless when he didn't get it at the promised time. Being confused and desperate I called AT&T at 1-800-331-0500.

I didn't even fake my identity. I told her that I bought the device from ebay and tried many ebay and non-ebay vendors to provide me with my Da Vinci code. I also told her that I am not their customer. Surprisingly, they are so helpful. While doing research for my code she even asked about the weather and whether or not I got good bargain for my phone, etc.

And right, she asked if I want to be contacted by phone or by email, which I preferred the latter. She told me it will be sent to me in a week. For my surprise it came in 2 days!

hell
10-12-2008, 01:21 PM
are already unlocked???

oleleho
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Yes, it is unlocked now.

But now I have new issue. My BB 8800 was set to BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and even after I did wiping (hard reboot: from "General Setting" click "menu" button and "wipe".

I got good advice from Bifocals in the Blackberry's support forum web. So far it worked for the first part (removing BES) but has yet to be followed up for the second part (setting up BIS, Blackberry Internet Service). I managed to create account using computer in AT&T website since the handset still didn't give me option for BIS.

The problem could be that my IMEI and PIN linked to AT&T/Cingular while the handset is now unlocked and used with prepaid Fido. I am not sure.

I hope somebody can enlighten me in this issue.

ELVISHER
12-28-2008, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=PDAetc;861585]Hi guys,
Can anyone know why I cannot unlock my AT&T blackberry 8800?

I bought three (3) AT&T Blackberry 8800's on eBay. I was hoping to unlock them all. To my surprise my unlock guy told me he cannot find the unlock code for any of the 3 phones on the server.

This never happened to me before? What are my options now? Can anyone be able to unlock these phones?

Thanks,
Jennifer

HI, WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME IMEI AND I CAN LOOK UO IF I HAVE A CODE, ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DOIT OR I SEND YOU INSTRUCTIONS BUT YOU ONLY HAVE 10 TIME TO TRY SO DONT WASTE THEM.
WAIT FOR YOU

cam_jones
03-23-2009, 12:48 AM
I have an ATT (Cingular) 8800 which I have had for two years. I want to unlock my BB and take it to Tmobile.

What reason do you give ATT for needing the unlock code? Do you need any reason? Do you have to be out of contract?

Any advice would be appreciated.

BBFlunkie
03-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I've had no success using CCGBurning. It's been over 3 months, with only a few reply emails, one asking for more money. CCGBurning won't reply to emails anymore.
I've seen others with this complaint on here......
I guess I made a mistake using CCGBurning.
If a moderator chooses to Delete this and Lock out my account, so be it.

BBFlunkie
04-10-2009, 09:28 PM
And now Cory Scheuer (at CCGBurning) has my email address blocked.
Lack of communication regarding my paid order is not helping.

Clearly I made a mistake using CCGBurning.

daphne
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/member-feedback/182706-unlocking-codes-cory-scheuer.html#post1350449

Cory Scheuer is no longer a member of BBF.