PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry email question?

Fro
03-18-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm just setting up my new 8830 phone. I guess I can't set up my hotmail.com account. I've had it for like 9-10 years, oh well. So, I'm going to have to setup a new email account. Which service should I use and which ones can I use. Also, I need one that will work with Outlook. Thanks.

Sith_Apprentice
03-18-2008, 01:25 PM
yahoo/gmail are near instant delivery. they both support 2 way synch as well. go into your hotmail account and enable POP access (if you can) and you should be able to get it on the blackberry.

Dubdub
03-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Older hotmail accounts are grandfathered by Microsoft and will work. From what I have been told, newer accounts must be upgraded to premium before they will work.

crisambo
03-18-2008, 02:40 PM
OP's 9-10 year old hotmail account should be pretty old enough to be grandfathered . . . I have Hotmail accounts working on BIS without any set-up problem . ..

OP, what makes you say that you're unable to set-up hotmail account on your BB? Are you on BIS or BES? Have you sent Service Books after the set-up?

Fro
03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I will try to enable POP. If not Yahoo will work, will it work with Outlook also?

Fro
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Do you know how to Enable POP? So Yahoo will work with the BB and Outlook?

crisambo
03-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Do you know how to Enable POP? So Yahoo will work with the BB and Outlook?

If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo POP is a premium service ($2/mo). . . nevertheless, the free email account works well with BB...

On the other hand, gmail is also free and has the ability to enable POP for Outlook at no cost.