PDA

View Full Version : PIN already has email?

StreetBadges
03-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I am trying to setup my email on my blackberry (Phone was bought used off ebay, works like a champ) but when I go to sign up it tells me the PIN already has an email attached to it.

So I need to know how to get rid of that, or what I need to do. I have two personal email accounts i want fed thru my blackberry

jsconyers
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
You will have to get in touch with the previous user and ask him to contact the carrier to remove the PIN from his account.

For future reference, please refer to this when buying any devices off of ebay : Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay)

ajarrell
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I also have a used BB, with ATT as a carrier, ATT helped me with a "wipping" and removed all the old data from the BB, and I was able to set up my email accounts...however, I am not sure if I can still receive msgs thru the PIN on BB messenger? so far I have not received any from the previous user, do you guys thing is possible?

Jessessays
05-05-2008, 05:12 PM
while "wiping" the device, it will remove the associated validating pin and reissue you a new one. correct me if I am wrong.

John Clark
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
You are wrong. The PIN stays with the device and never changes. If you got your email setup then you can send/receive PIN's.

mixtape
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
see i had the same problem and just went to my service provider (alltel) and they called blackberry and reset it for me.