PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card & Problems..

killer2239
03-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok, so i have an SD 2gb card for my phone. I currently have it in. I put lots of pictures on it, and ringtones in the ringtone folder. This was done via card reader.

First problem: When i go to media, and try to view pictures. Nothing shows up?? How do i view the card??

Second problem: I copied over ringtones to the blackberry->ringtones folder via media manager and used the convert thing. However when i go to add custom ringtone i dont have option of whats on memory card. They worked before when i had them saved to the phone.

Any tips?

mckinneycm
03-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Go into Media, and then press Menu > Explore and see if you can find them that way.

killer2239
03-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Go into Media, and then press Menu > Explore and see if you can find them that way.

Nope, nothing is showing up that way. Am i doing something wrong? Im still kinda new to BB.

mckinneycm
03-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Check to make sure you have Media Card support turned on. Goto Options > Media Card, and make sure Media Card Support is ON.

If it's already on, you may need to format the card with the BB first. Copy everything back to your PC. Then go back to Options > Media Card > Menu > Format Card. Then plug the BB into the PC and copy everything back, either by using the Media Manager or Windows Explorer.

killer2239
03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Check to make sure you have Media Card support turned on. Goto Options > Media Card, and make sure Media Card Support is ON.

If it's already on, you may need to format the card with the BB first. Copy everything back to your PC. Then go back to Options > Media Card > Menu > Format Card. Then plug the BB into the PC and copy everything back, either by using the Media Manager or Windows Explorer.

In media manager or where is the options > media card part to format? Im not finding it.

EDIT: Found it!

tonysharma
03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
In media manager or where is the options > media card part to format? Im not finding it.

EDIT: Found it!

on display screen>options>media card>mass storage mode support on/off
mode support ON

killer2239
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
on display screen>options>media card>mass storage mode support on/off
mode support ON

After i formatted, in media manager it tells me to insert media card??

mckinneycm
03-18-2008, 10:57 PM
If you're using the media manager turn mass storage mode off. If you're using windows explorer, then turn mass storage mode on.

killer2239
03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Mass storage is turned off and still cant view :( ... im so lost. lol

I can go to media, then do the explorer and view memory card and view the media card. But not in media manager.

mckinneycm
03-19-2008, 12:22 AM
So, can you add stuff to the card from explorer?

killer2239
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
So, can you add stuff to the card from explorer?

If i put the memory card in a card reader yes.
When i said i can see it in explorer mode i was refering to on the BB, going to media then clicking app button and going to explorer mode. I can view the folders within the blackberry folder.

killer2239
03-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I got everything working. I think it was a combination of things. I redid my computer today, from windows and all as its needed it, and now everything works.