PDA

View Full Version : help please

skyfroging
03-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I am new here and am glad to find this forum...i have a 8700c model and i can't receive pictures in my text messages ... I can receive regular text messages all day but no pics ....if i put my sim card in my razor i can receive them but not with this blackberry ...any help would be appreciated...

thanks, skyfroging

ezrunner
03-18-2008, 09:36 PM
do you have a Blackberry data plan?

skyfroging
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
no i don't ...but i have it with my AT&T service and have always been able to receive pictures on my previous phones...

penguin3107
03-19-2008, 10:00 AM
It's not like other phones.
You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to receive MMS messages on a BlackBerry.

skyfroging
03-19-2008, 11:14 AM
no it's not mms i am trying to receive...its simply just sms text messages with a picture attached... i receieve them all the time on my razor but i have changed to this blackberry and am not receiving them anymore although i am receiving just text messages with-out pictures

crisambo
03-19-2008, 02:20 PM
no it's not mms i am trying to receive...its simply just sms text messages with a picture attached... i receieve them all the time on my razor but i have changed to this blackberry and am not receiving them anymore although i am receiving just text messages with-out pictures

Picture sent via SMS is MMS. . . check your other post . . . http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/121188-8700c-sms-attachments.html

It's not like other phones.
You need a BlackBerry Data Plan to receive MMS messages on a BlackBerry.

Partially true... you need BB data plan to initially set-up your BB device with MMS Service Book entry. Once a BB is set-up for MMS, you can use MMS without BB dataplan as MMS uses basic GSM service. . . and as a disclaimer MMS is subject to carrier restrictions based on each individuals subscription.