PDA

View Full Version : Contacts not appearing until sort order changed

Inline
03-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Got a wierd issue here.

When the user opens their contacts some contacts will not appear unless the sort order (first name, last name) is switch - where they will then be displayed.

If the user exits out and returns the contacts are missing again until they switch sort order (last name, first name) where they will appear again... and go missing again once you leave and come back in unless you switch sort order.

Each of these disappearing contacts have a blank entry for either first name or last name.

It seems to me that the sort being done when you enter contacts behaves differently to the sort applied when you switch over.

Is this a know issue? Is there a fix?

I could get the client to ended some crud for their extra entries but they use the same information for mailing lists etc (Maximizer *shudder* -> outlook -> BES integrated blackberry)

Inline
03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
anyone got a fix on this?

aiharkness
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

I'm almost certain the blank name field is your answer. You haven't yet filled them in to see if it makes a difference?

Inline
03-25-2008, 12:29 PM
the solution can be found here - "The Address Book Disappearance" - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com (http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/address-book-disappearance-14445/)

aiharkness
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g)

It was a filter?