PDA

View Full Version : Unusual e-mail service disruption.

cdysthe
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi,

I'm using a 8800 on T-Mo. I have all my e-mail pushed from my Yahoo! Mail accounts. It has been working great for 18 months except for the few hours Rim created their own general outage.

However, today I suddenly stopped getting my e-mail at around 8 AM. I logged in to My T-Mo and resent the service books. No go. I then rebooted the phone. No go. That was when I called T-Mo. We went through all of it again and they said "it'll probably be back working tomorrow". I had a feeling it wouldn't.

Finally this afternoon I logged in and checked the two e-mail accounts I have set up yet again. They were fine so I canceled. Still no e-mail. Then I went back to the account settings and instead of cancel I pressed "Save". Then I got two activation e-mails telling me the two already working accounts had been set up! Then I got all my e-mail for today in one go.

Is this something others have experienced? That e-mail accounts which has been set up and working suddenly doesn't work unless you go in and save them again?

Now that I know how to fix it it's no big deal unless it happens when I am somewhere where I can't log in to the My T-Mo site. But it sure caused some new gray hairs during the day and a T-Mo rep who had to give up.

//C

Jumpmaster
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
This happened to me today...I will try what you did and see if I get all my email from today.

This hasn't happened before that I can recall...I've had other problems, but not this.