PDA

View Full Version : Sim card error?

puffo25
03-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello all, I have the BB 8700g with the latest firmware 4.2.1.

I have been using my BB for about 1 year and I am happy overall.

However I have a glitch/issue that is VERY annoying!

Every while, for no apparent reasons, I see on the top of the screen: off network, Sim card error. Than I have to manually take it out, putting the SIM back to the mobile and usually after 2, 3 attempts it will work as normal for the next few days. Than again: error message...

I got this since I got the BB.

I was wondering if this considered acceptable or getting a new SIM will for sure (???!!!) fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!
Puffo

jeremyckitching
03-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8100: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10406/286; U; en))

I would try a new SIM card to start.

crisambo
03-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Hello all, I have the BB 8700g with the latest firmware 4.2.1.

I have been using my BB for about 1 year and I am happy overall.

However I have a glitch/issue that is VERY annoying!

Every while, for no apparent reasons, I see on the top of the screen: off network, Sim card error. Than I have to manually take it out, putting the SIM back to the mobile and usually after 2, 3 attempts it will work as normal for the next few days. Than again: error message...

I got this since I got the BB.

I was wondering if this considered acceptable or getting a new SIM will for sure (???!!!) fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!
Puffo

pls clarify the following:
- did SIM came with the BB or was it active from another device before using on BB?

- have you tried just pulling battery out and not taking SIM card out of slot to see if it would work as normal (without touching SIM card)?

- Do you still have warranty?

greggebhardt
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
SIM cards do go bad. I have had to have one replaced and afterwards all worked perfectly. I was getting SIM card error 4-5 times a week!

bbdream
03-29-2008, 10:44 PM
SIM cards do go bad. I have had to have one replaced and afterwards all worked perfectly. I was getting SIM card error 4-5 times a week!

but,why the same sim card can work perfectly in my nokia QD,if the card has problem.

dawnroc
04-01-2008, 01:31 AM
8700G always has such problem
Clean your Simcard may solve the problem

MikeyLikesIt
04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
About the only time I get a sims card error is when I drop it or severely abuse it (there are hunks out of the case). Have you dropped it or do you otherwise give it severe licks somehow?

Usually a battery pull solves the issue. Nothing else will.

MikeyMike