PDA

View Full Version : Pin HELP!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

walshy009
03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi There,

I have an 8800 and I have set it up to ask for my password 5 times...normally when I enter my 4 digit password it comes up as **** but last night i tried entering it and it came up as letters (eg ABCD) I tried pressing ALT and then the corressponding numbers but it just came up with the numbers (eg 1234) and kept saying my password was incorrect even though i was entering the right password! im now up to my final attempt and want to make sure I get it right and I am really hoping someone on here has had a similar experience and that its just a matter of pressing some sort of button to get my pasword to come back up as ****

ps i have tried turning it off and leaving it but that did nothing.

any help would be extremley appreciated!!!

Thatzmister2u
03-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Do you have ABC in the upper right hand corner or your screen?

walshy009
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
nope, everything is normal on top right hand corner, it just says GPRS and then the signal strength..............:(

JSanders
03-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Don't turn the BB off and back on... with it powered ON, remove the battery, hold for 30 seconds, and replace.

Thatzmister2u
03-20-2008, 10:47 PM
There is Superman with his cape!! Do what he ^^^ says! Good luck!

walshy009
03-20-2008, 11:04 PM
problem is still there....

should I just call me service carrier or take it into where I brought from? unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

cheers

JSanders
03-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Sure, you can call or go by your carrier, but on the next attempt, your device will wipe and there is NO way around that. They can't override it or such.

I wish we could help you with the pw issue, but I don't know what else could be causing this issue. Has anything else on the BB changed?