PDA

View Full Version : 8703e Ringtone Help

tonythetiger00
03-22-2008, 12:48 AM
I have an 8703e BB from Sprint. I would like to know how to set certain ringtones for certain contacts. I through some miracle was able to set one up when I first got it, but do not remember how I did it. I tried setting up others, but no dice. Any and all help and advice would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Dawg
03-22-2008, 06:48 AM
The easieast way is to open the contact and hit add custom tone

tonythetiger00
03-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, but unfortunately, I am either waaay stupid and can't find that or my BB8703e does not have that function. I open the contact and it shows; drive to, business search, map it, help, filter, new address, new group, view, edit, delete, call, sms, call voice mail, options, and close. And I have opened all on the list and there is no "custom tone" or anything along those lines. Again thank you for the fast reply and have a great Easter Weekend.
TiGER

daphne
03-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Try this:

Go to a contact in the address book. Click Edit, then click the trackwheel again, then click Add Custom Ring Tone. I think dawg left out a couple of details. ;-)

tonythetiger00
03-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Daphne,

Thank you so much, that was the trick. I can't say thank you enough. Have a safe and Happy Easter :) Nice looking Cat, my Jack Russel has adopted 8 stray cats. He thinks they are his "kids". Again thank you and also for reminding me that if it were not for the wisdom of women, men could not survive. ;)

TiGER

Dawg
03-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Try this:

Go to a contact in the address book. Click Edit, then click the trackwheel again, then click Add Custom Ring Tone. I think dawg left out a couple of details. ;-)
Sorry forgot I had to spoon feed.

Forgive me I am just in a bad mood.

tonythetiger00
03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Hello,
Nothing to apologize for, I am new to a BB and I was lost. You answered my post and I thank you. Being honest with emotion is nothing to have to apologize for, I applaud your comment. :) Have a Great Easter :)

TiGER

Dawg
03-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Hello,
Nothing to apologize for, I am new to a BB and I was lost. You answered my post and I thank you. Being honest with emotion is nothing to have to apologize for, I applaud your comment. :) Have a Great Easter :)

TiGER

No, I was in a pissy mood when I posted about the spoon feeding. We all had to be spoon fed at one time or another. So thats why I apologized