PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Sub Folders (not personal folders) are NOT in Sync with my Blackberry

raj19111
03-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently configured Blackberry 8820 with my Outlook mail box. I have Sub folders setup in my Outlook (these are not personal folders) and rules created to get the emails from some of my collegues and place them in these sub folders. For some reason, i can see all the sub folders in my Blackberry, but there are no messages in these sub folders. Infact i selected the Sub folders under Email Settings>Advanced>Folder Redirection>Selected Folders in Blackberry Desktop Manager and re-Synchronized the Blackberry. But i still dont see any of the messages in my Blackberry.

Can you please help me here to get rid of this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Raj :bb:

MooseNYC
03-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Raj,

You wont be able to see any previously sent messages in those locations. You will only be able to see messages that were sent since you selected that folder.

Try having one of your collegues send a test message.

raj19111
03-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the Reply.

You are right. I'm receiving the messages after i configured this setting and re-sync the BBerry. Is there any way, that i can view the messages in the subfolders also before i configure my BBerry?

May be, if i pull all the sub folders contect back to the Main Inbox and connect to BBerry and then rerun the Rules fix this issue?

Thanks,
Raj.

Hardwaregeek
03-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Anything in your folders prior to setting up your email is never going to sync to your device. The only way I have heard you can do it and I am by no means the expert at this point is to forward all of the messages to yourself again.

Outrigger
03-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I believe only WinMo does this. When I had the Treo 700, I sync'ed all messages from the beginning of all sub folders, basically mirroring each other. when I started using the blackberry, the oldest messages were only from a few days ago and nothing in my Sent or Sub folders.

Janir
03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Try moving everything (1 folder at a time) into the Inbox, let the BB sync then move back?

cellguy
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Is what the OP trying to do even possible on the BB? I'm on BIS and the only mail I get is to my mail Inbox, never to the subfolders off that. I have a nubmer of outlooks rules setup to move mail automatically to a sub-folder so I never see them on my BB, i'd really love to if it's possible.