PDA

View Full Version : I ran my 8830 Over

jsntrenkler
03-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Wednesday afternoon I was wearing shorts and had my 8830 clipped to my shorts pocket "With the Stock Pouch the comes with it." When I bent down to get into my car "2004 Ford Taurus" my blackberry fell off and landed on the ground. I backed up over the phone and drove down the road about a mile when I realized I didn't have my phone, I drove back to the parking spot and there sitting in the dirt was my beloved Blackberry. I blew her off and pulled her out of the pouch and she was still working! The case looks beat up but the 8830 only suffered some very minor damage. There is some shades of light blue in the LCD whenever a white screen is present, and a new noticeable gap above the Info Light on top. I am very impressed that she survived.

sid_kid
03-22-2008, 01:00 PM
wow...that is one intense story...probably wouldn't count on it happening a second time...though if one had the time and some extra BB's around, it could prove to be a fun experiment!

jsntrenkler
03-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree ... I think I am going to call my Blackberry Timex from now on .. Hehehe

Eternity
03-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Wirelessly posted

Wooo... Good to know! Your case saved the BB. Maybe I should reconsider using it again!

ezrunner
03-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Wirelessly posted

Awesome

Hope my BB never experiences this type tragedy

Good to know BBs are survivors

stevew
03-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Sounds like the old Motorola 8000...which could be used as a hammer when needed...LOL

cestmoi
03-22-2008, 10:48 PM
You (jsntrenkler) should call BB and tell them about your little 'mishap' and perhaps they can put you on one of their commercials (thus getting paid big bucks for ya)!

mjgs1971
03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Higly impressive units these BBs are. Thats why we love them.8-)

Sith_Apprentice
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
You (jsntrenkler) should call BB and tell them about your little 'mishap' and perhaps they can put you on one of their commercials (thus getting paid big bucks for ya)!

naa, lots of BB stories like this. heck, the 8700 series devices could be run over by 18 wheelers and still work, ive seen it many times.

warman1956
03-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Interesting coincidence. I was thinking about running over my 8830 due to the ongoing problem with the LOW RINGER VOLUME!!

Thatzmister2u
03-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Interesting coincidence. I was thinking about running over my 8830 due to the ongoing problem with the LOW RINGER VOLUME!!

Use your tank in your avatar! I am sure it will be perfect when you are done!!! :)

jsntrenkler
03-23-2008, 11:08 PM

Run it over with something heavier than a Taurus! .. LOL

ruechel
03-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Wednesday afternoon I was wearing shorts and had my 8830 clipped to my shorts pocket "With the Stock Pouch the comes with it." When I bent down to get into my car "2004 Ford Taurus" my blackberry fell off and landed on the ground. I backed up over the phone and drove down the road about a mile when I realized I didn't have my phone, I drove back to the parking spot and there sitting in the dirt was my beloved Blackberry. I blew her off and pulled her out of the pouch and she was still working! The case looks beat up but the 8830 only suffered some very minor damage. There is some shades of light blue in the LCD whenever a white screen is present, and a new noticeable gap above the Info Light on top. I am very impressed that she survived.

she?? woah dude. i think you're taking this relationship too far. seriously though. that was some stroke of good luck.

wiscaudi
03-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Man, you need to get some pics of her up on here!

CotaMark
03-25-2008, 09:05 PM

I was drinking a sip of water when I read this heading and it almost came flying out of my nose. Now my throat hurts, but thank you for the info hahaha

dtdt
03-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm aware of the importance of doing a back-up on our devices, but I didn't know they meant it literally...

CotaMark
03-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, I'm aware of the importance of doing a back-up on our devices, but I didn't know they meant it literally...

ZING!

george50
03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
That happens when you drive a Taurus LOL

dtdt
03-26-2008, 02:57 PM
That happens when you drive a Taurus LOL

Too funny! Probably a company car. Hey, Conan O'Brien drove a Taurus up until 2006... of course, if you've seen photos of his new digs in L.A., he's more likely sporting a Benz these days.