PDA

View Full Version : 8800 OS Upgrade and Can't Activate

my8800
03-22-2008, 03:40 PM
I just updated the OS on my BB 8800 and now can not activiate with BES.

I have the exact password that was provided to me by the BES admin. I get the error "An error occurred. Please contact your System Administrator."

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank You.

SVT Amateur
03-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, anytime you wipe the handheld or update the OS you have to have your BES admin reactivate so contact your system administration, just like the error message says.

juwaack68
03-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, anytime you wipe the handheld or update the OS you have to have your BES admin reactivate so contact your system administration, just like the error message says.

That was very helpful (not) considering the OP said he already did contact his BES admin and got a new password.

my8800 - Contact your BES Admin again. Make sure they didn't remove you from the BES (for some odd reason) and then ask them to reset your password again (they do expire, by the way - anywhere from 1-720 hours from when they are set - typically after 48 hours).

See if the admin can set it a single character. I usually set our activation passwords to the letter 'a' (lowercase) since it's easy for both QWERTY and SureType keyboard users.

my8800
03-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks SVT Amateur. I've spoke with my bb admin and they're resetting my password as we speak. The password reference above was from May of '07 and has worked fine until I did the upgrade.