PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth USB Support

JimmyT1950
03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
I have a Bluetooth USB adapter which I purchased for my 8830 Blackberry so I wouldn't have to use the USB cable. I have paired it but cannot get my PC or phone to allow me the wireless connection to my Desktop Manager. In the Options for the DM, there is an option for Bluetooth settings which would allow me to select "Enable Bluetooth Support" but this section is not highlighted as an option.

Like I said, I was able to pair it and could see the device on my phone but I could not sync with the DM. Any ideas?

See attached pic.

jtdarden
03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (8330 Sprint)

I might be wrong, but DM has BT data transfer support, but the 8830 only supports audio BT, but not data transfer.

You can verify by checking your BT options on your device.

Phranc
03-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Even further, BB will only work to synch with Windows XP if the Blue tooth is natively supported by Windows. There is a list of supported devices at Microsoft's website. If your Bluetooth adapter requires you to install drivers, it probably won't work.

Sith_Apprentice
03-23-2008, 07:19 PM
the 8830 should be able to work via bluetooth. you have to install the native BT drivers of windows, NOT the ones that came with your adapter to get the option in DM

Phranc
03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Widicom. If your Bluetooth device installs Widicom, it won't work with blackberry.