PDA

View Full Version : track wheel

duramaxdavid
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
What would you guys do when your track wheel doesnt push in? ive got the 8700c and my track wheel roles and scrolls like it should but it wond push in? Any help would be great, thanks.

penguin3107
03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Send it out for repair.
We've used these companies a few times:
HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com/cat/)
BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices (http://www.bbrepairshop.com/)

ezrunner
03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
you can also attempt yourself

I am not sure what going rate is now for track wheel repair

Might be more cost effective to buy a used on in the Buy sell Trade section

duramaxdavid
03-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I actully just got this one off ebay. Ill have to check when i get home and see if the seller has a return policy.

dab329
03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Mine does the opposite, every now and then it randomly clicks in any time I try to scroll. That's even more frustrating, at least you can navigate and use the enter key to select. My 8703e is crippled without being able to use the track wheel at all when it does that.

And the local Verizon was of no help at all.

jonnn21
03-29-2008, 11:46 PM
im sure insurance helps with this matter too. They should replace it if they cant fix it.

NJBlackBerry
03-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Not for the guy who bought off of eBay.
The 8700s have been out for quite a while now.
Not sure if insurance covers normal wear and tear.

akosnitzky
03-30-2008, 07:21 AM
I had that problem with a 7510 model which I am sure is similar in terms of the track wheel, and I had to cut my losses.

duramaxdavid
04-02-2008, 10:00 PM
They took it back with no problems or hassle. Ive got another one I bought. They said used condition but the thing looks mint to me. I like my 7290 but Love my 8700

ghollenbeck
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I think I have the same issue. From talking to people at AT & T who sent me to this site, they say there is a way to repair the whell yourself without having to replace. Until this morning , my wheel clicked when pushed. Now, hardlu any pressure on it will get a respose. It appears to be off its track or broken.

What would you guys do when your track wheel doesnt push in? ive got the 8700c and my track wheel roles and scrolls like it should but it wond push in? Any help would be great, thanks.

duramaxdavid
04-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the site.

I was scared to take it apart and fix it. I got lucky and was able to return mine. If you oull it apart be sure to take pics so i can see inside the BB.

ezrunner
04-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I think I have the same issue. From talking to people at AT & T who sent me to this site, they say there is a way to repair the whell yourself without having to replace. Until this morning , my wheel clicked when pushed. Now, hardlu any pressure on it will get a respose. It appears to be off its track or broken.

If track wheel doesn't press in it will ultimately need to be replaced

Go DAWGS!
04-07-2008, 05:52 AM
same problem here but I don't have time to get it repaired...on my way out of town for four days...I have figured out the keyboard commands to read messages, reply but not to send....anyone that can help? I can tolerate it for a few days if I can just send my replies. Also, a keyboard command to dial voicemail? I havent had to remote access voicemail in years and have no idea what my code is...

UGH. Not what I need on the way to a funeral...:(

VickiMBA
04-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem here. We took the BlackBerry apart and found out that the part of the trackwheel that does the "clicking" was broken. After doing some reading on the Internet, I was convinced that this was something we may be able to fix ourselves. I bought a replacement trackwheel on eBay for only $10 incl. shipping, removed the old trackwheel, soldered the new one back on.

Now it clicks but it won't scroll through the menu! So now I'm not sure if it's the new trackwheel that won't work, or if we damaged the mother board when we soldered it back on.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

obeewan
06-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have the problem that the trackwheel clicks to easy. I try to turn the wheel and it ends up selecting to fast.

ezrunner
06-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi,

I had the same problem here. We took the BlackBerry apart and found out that the part of the trackwheel that does the "clicking" was broken. After doing some reading on the Internet, I was convinced that this was something we may be able to fix ourselves. I bought a replacement trackwheel on eBay for only $10 incl. shipping, removed the old trackwheel, soldered the new one back on.

Now it clicks but it won't scroll through the menu! So now I'm not sure if it's the new trackwheel that won't work, or if we damaged the mother board when we soldered it back on.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

sounds like the soldering job isnt all making the proper connections

pattygirl
06-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Mine does the opposite, every now and then it randomly clicks in any time I try to scroll. That's even more frustrating, at least you can navigate and use the enter key to select. My 8703e is crippled without being able to use the track wheel at all when it does that.

And the local Verizon was of no help at all.
Mine is won't click in either. Which is the "enter" key?