PDA

View Full Version : Gmail notification

cbbowling
03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Another new question from a newbie. 8830 here with Gmail for BB installed. In my profiles, I have customized one to notify me with different ring tones for phone, messages, etc. It recognizes Gmail in that list but despite having the the tone set, I am not getting notified. Every once in a while I will glance at the screen and just notice that there is new Gmail. Notification is working on texts, etc, but not Gmail.

Any ideas?

crisambo
03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
What settings do you have currently assigned for gmail, as oppose to other messages? Make sure that the Volume is not set to Mute

cbbowling
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Gmail settings for out of holster and in holster are the same.
Tone
Notifier_Crystal
High
LED Flashing

Any ideas on why this is not notifying me. Could it be that I have a Sprint BB package that does not go throught the Enterprise Server? If so, why would other notifications work?

Thatzmister2u
03-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Gmail settings for out of holster and in holster are the same.
Tone
Notifier_Crystal
High
LED Flashing

Any ideas on why this is not notifying me. Could it be that I have a Sprint BB package that does not go throught the Enterprise Server? If so, why would other notifications work?

Not sure if you have already tried this or not.... did you do a hard reset (Battery pull while the device is on?)

E-

cbbowling
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Tried to hard reset, even tried to uninstall and reinstall Gmail for BB. Still no notification; I just notice new mail when I check.

Can anyone help?

kjjb0204
03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Stupid question - what profile do you have set to active and is that the profile for which you have changed the settings?

cbbowling
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I created a new profile to do these changes and this is the one the phone is currently set to.

Any other thoughts?

crisambo
03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Have you wiped handheld yet?... make sure to Back-up before doing so..

cbbowling
03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure I even know what that means, or where to start. I have backed up everything. Are there instructions for wiping the handheld?

mschiano
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
go into your gmail settings and make sure the box is checked off for "notify me when there is a new mail in my inbox. (edit your blackberry profile to customize notification"

MSATech
03-25-2008, 04:58 PM
go into your gmail settings and make sure the box is checked off for "notify me when there is a new mail in my inbox. (edit your blackberry profile to customize notification"

Not to hijack your thread, but thanks for the above suggestion. An obvious setting, but forgot it was there.

I had this same issue.

(y)

FF2
03-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Tried to hard reset, even tried to uninstall and reinstall Gmail for BB. Still no notification; I just notice new mail when I check.

Can anyone help?

I may be very off-base but are you using the SEPARATE Gmail application? If so, is that linked to notifications in Profiles? Or is that something else with its own notification?