PDA

View Full Version : Picture messages

dmoore
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Is it possible to recieve a picture straight to the phone without having to use VZW Pix place online? I read somewhere when I first got a blackberry a few years ago that I had to have that VZW account, so I made one and now everytime I get a picture sent to me I have to go online and look at it. It has become a hassle. So can I recieve pictures straight to my phone without the pic place account?
Thanks

kjjb0204
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
What exactly do you mean? You can receive emails with photo attachments, no problem. If someone sends an HTML formatted email with photos embedded, you will need an HTML mail viewer like BBSmart or Empower HTML Mail Viewer. Next OS release is supposed to have native HTML viewing enabled. Sorry, if that's not what you're talking about, try to elaborate a bit and someone should be able to answer your question.

Kcorbett
03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I assume he's talking about receiving picture msgs via sms. I don't know any way to receive them unless you have them sent to your e-mail. I have vzw and also have to go to pix place to retrieve them.

visortgw
03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Is it possible to recieve a picture straight to the phone without having to use VZW Pix place online? I read somewhere when I first got a blackberry a few years ago that I had to have that VZW account, so I made one and now everytime I get a picture sent to me I have to go online and look at it. It has become a hassle. So can I recieve pictures straight to my phone without the pic place account?
Thanks

You can actually navigate directly using the link that is sent to you within the SMS message (i.e., directly launch the browser from the phone). This apparently does not work for audio messages -- for audio, you need to use a browser on a computer.

Debias
03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
i too have the same problem. don't understand why verizon handles picture mail this way with the BB. Did not have this problem at AT&T with my 8800! Did have it with the 8700 after they upgraded systems on AT&T! Should I not bother trying to resolve this issue? Its very frustrating!

kjjb0204
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
didn't realize you meant sms. I don't use sms at all, in fact I have it blocked so I can't receive (and be charged for) random sms messages. If you have a bb, are you using sms to communicate primarily with those non-bb people out there?

dmoore
03-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Yea I am using SMS for these pictures and it just sends me the link for the pix place and I have to open the browser to get it. My friend has the pearl and does not have a pix place account and pictures just get sent straight to his phone like it would in any other phone. I was just wondering if there was a way to delete the pix place account and have it sent straight to my phone as an SMS and not have to go on the browser to retrieve it.

Debias
03-27-2008, 10:46 PM
does not matter if you have the pix place account or not you will still be notified to go to the web site to view the MMS message. You will have to register for an account to see the mms messages again.