PDA

View Full Version : blackberry data plan

snookup
03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Is the cheapest data plan for personal the 30 dollar one, if so does that give you internet access and browsing?

ezrunner
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (blackjack IV)

Depends on your carrier

John Clark
03-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes, on AT&T/Cingular, the BB data plan is $30. Make sure you get the BLACKBERRY plan.

vliou
03-24-2008, 11:25 PM
John - Clark, couldn't help but notice your Avatar. It's great! hahahaha!

wingrider78
03-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Wirelessly posted

I believe the cheapest plan is still tmo's at $20 for the unlimited BB data...

jonnn21
03-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Yeah well $30 is still a rip off

Us Cellular (ick) is $40

NickfromIL
03-26-2008, 12:24 AM
$1 a day for unlimited internet/email is a rip off? It's not really THAT much money when you think about all the other costs you have in a month.

jonnn21
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
On top of the 70 we pay already YES its alot

BallHawk3
03-26-2008, 12:42 AM

then why are you using it?

NickfromIL
03-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Think of it like a new car. The more features you want, the more it costs. If you want the bare minimum, you buy a Geo Metro, no options (take the phone thats free with contract). You want a fully loaded M-Series BMW, be prepared to shell out some $$$

BallHawk3
03-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Think of it like a new car. The more features you want, the more it costs. If you want the bare minimum, you buy a Geo Metro, no options (take the phone thats free with contract). You want a fully loaded M-Series BMW, be prepared to shell out some $$$

you get what you pay for.

Also no one forces you to really pay that. I've always believed a good deal is well, based off the eye of the beholder. A good deal to me, might a RIP OFF in your eyes, or it might be the most amazing deal to the person next to you. In the end you deciede if its a good deal for you or not and nothing else should really matter. If it doesn't work out for you, then you have every right to walk away.

If your bothered by the price of the blackberry data plan, maybe its cause you truely don't need it? That has been a deciding factor for customer, if they need to purchase the blackberry or not.

NickfromIL
03-26-2008, 12:54 AM
you get what you pay for.

Also no one forces you to really pay that. I've always believed a good deal is well, based off the eye of the beholder. A good deal to me, might a RIP OFF in your eyes, or it might be the most amazing deal to the person next to you. In the end you deciede if its a good deal for you or not and nothing else should really matter. If it doesn't work out for you, then you have every right to walk away.

If your bothered by the price of the blackberry data plan, maybe its cause you truely don't need it? That has been a deciding factor for customer, if they need to purchase the blackberry or not.

Very true, I have noticed more and more people buying BBs without a data plan now, because they love the PIM features, and don't need e-mail on the go. Seems to be a new trend.

BallHawk3
03-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Very true, I have noticed more and more people buying BBs without a data plan now, because they love the PIM features, and don't need e-mail on the go. Seems to be a new trend.

I've always thought that the agreement between RIM and the carriers was that in order for someone to buy a blackberry, they MUST also get the data plan.

I think that is a GREAT idea, filtering out all the uncessary people that buy it off the wow/bling factor. It's a great strategy, aiming and locking in to potential customers, not just trying to sell to everyone and their mother. This is one of the reasons why blackberry customer satisfaction is so high.

NickfromIL
03-26-2008, 01:08 AM
I've always thought that the agreement between RIM and the carriers was that in order for someone to buy a blackberry, they MUST also get the data plan.

I think that is a GREAT idea, filtering out all the uncessary people that buy it off the wow/bling factor. It's a great strategy, aiming and locking in to potential customers, not just trying to sell to everyone and their mother. This is one of the reasons why blackberry customer satisfaction is so high.

This no longer seems to be the case. It may be with some providers now, but a at least a few only "strongly suggest" getting the BlackBerry data plan with the device.

jonnn21
03-26-2008, 08:32 AM
By the way I NEVER said that I had the Data plan, I wont get it as its additional $40 which in my opinion is a rip off. Especially when others sell it for $25 or whatever.

On the flip side USCC doesnt force buying the data plan either. I think its a wonderful idea. I used to carry a pocketpc and a phone. Now I got both. I don't see why some of you feel that the data plan should be a MUST.

Must be nice to be able to have the luxury to afford all that!

duramaxdavid
03-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I have the data plan but dont think im going to keep it. i dont need the email and the main reason i bought the phone was for the calander and contact list + a phone of course.

snookup
03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
all i want on the stinkin thing is weather and i am not going to pay 30 extra for it

duramaxdavid
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
all i want on the stinkin thing is weather and i am not going to pay 30 extra for it

lookin out the window is free(y)

NickfromIL
03-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Wirelessly posted

Does one of your local TV stations offer a weather hotline? Those are free too

BallHawk3
03-27-2008, 01:47 AM

save google into your address book.

Text google (466453) for weather

Basically text the number and type Weather ZipCode, (example Weather 90210 or Weather Beverly Hills, CA)
City and state works too.

I've been using google for years, weather, for directions, nearest resturants, many things. Its actually really useful. You can even ask it random questions like what color is the sky?, when was the united states founded?, etc etc. No joke.

srobak
03-27-2008, 04:18 PM

The 70 you are already paying has nothing to do with Internet access, or the Blackberry in general. If you don't like the 70 you are already paying then get a lower minute plan and stop yapping during the day!

I love it when people mix apples and t-bone steaks.

dhollins
03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
lol @<hidden> yapping

BallHawk3
03-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I love it when people mix apples and t-bone steaks.

Isn't that a dish at applebees?

jonnn21
03-29-2008, 11:44 PM
excuuse me im not yapping, im on the lowest plan and its a family talk.

sheesh

NickfromIL
03-30-2008, 12:24 AM
excuuse me im not yapping, im on the lowest plan and its a family talk.

sheesh

You think $70 is bad?

1400 Anytime minutes - $110
Unlimited TXT/PIX/FLIX - $10 x 2
Unlimited BlackBerry Data for BES - $44.99 x 2
Unlimited (5Gb) Tethering - $15 x 2

And guess what...it's so worth it!!

I'm sure there is more that I pay for, but you get the jist of it.

chrisxxx
04-07-2008, 03:30 PM

they way you talk of people getting blackberrys for bling and wow. well sorry to bust your bubble but rim actually aims for that. thats why they have big launch partys in LA and such.