PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry on Fido Network

coreymtl
03-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know the steps required in order to get the Blackberry working with Fido?

Fido offers the blackberry connect service and I want to set it up for personal email only with Bell Sympatico (using Hotmail's inteface under POP3).

What will I not be able to do working with the Blackberry this way? Do I lose any functionality by going with Fido instead of Rogers?

Thanks!

Corey

Cory Scheuer
03-25-2008, 01:59 AM
well hello

i am your fido expert when it comes to blackberrys and fido lol

the blackberry connect will with any and all blackberrys. its basically the same plan offered by rogers...

you will be able to have push email, PIN to PIN, BB messenger, everything, browser, like i said all...

the only thing you wont be able to use is MMS, as with blackberrys it need s service book and well fido doesnt sent out that service book...

if you have anymore questions please feel free to email me at th below address or PM me here

coreymtl
03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the advice. I can now go ahead and get my Berry.

But in regard to setup, once I have them activate the BB connect, what are the steps I need to do online or on the berry.... and in what order?

Thanks!

corey

Cory Scheuer
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM
well all you need to do is go to the BIS site and sign up, and your good to go...

the BIS site is: BlackBerry Internet Service (http://www.fido.blackberry.com)

just make sure the BB you get isnt used and if it is have the old user have the PIN and IMEI released from his service provider otherwise you wont be able to sign up

coreymtl
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Will I be able to get email reconcilliation done as well without BES for my Bell Sympatico?

Thanks!

coreymtl
03-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Cory

I was suggested to use the director software for email reconciliation. Have you tried this?

Cory Scheuer
03-28-2008, 12:06 AM
i havent tried the redirector so i cant say... but you should be able to have your emails pushed via the BIS

kart4904
04-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I have just activated the BB connect from Fido i have a new 8820 from AT&T the phone has never been used, will i have a problem using the PIN to PIn feature? Phone is unlocked and works, jsut curious about the PIN to PIN feature

coreymtl
04-11-2008, 08:05 PM
From what I am told, it should work as normal. It is the same service that Rogers offers. It is even handled by Rogers personal people that add that package.

I ordered the 8320 with WiFi... looking forward to getting that one.

Cory Scheuer
04-11-2008, 09:49 PM
i have already talk with Kart4904, great guy! sorry it took so long to figure out your issue :) but at least we did!