PDA

View Full Version : 7100v password problem

b1ackb1rd
07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I've just bought a used 7100v and the nice lady at the local Vodafone shop has unlocked it for me.

The unit is pretty impressive and I'm happy with most aspects with the notable exception of the password ... I can't switch it off !

I press the roller when 'enabled' is highlighted and I get to a sub menu with the options:

Hide Menu
Change Password
Wipe Handheld
Verify Security Software
Save
Close

... how do I switch this annoying function off?

I get the same set of options when I go into the 'lock handheld upon holstering' menu.

This is drivin' me nuts.

The security page also says;

IT Policy Name; Default
Last updated Dec 2, 2004
Secure GC Enabled

The about page shows;

Blackberry 7100 Wireless Handheld v3.80.128 (Platform 1.8.091)

In words of one syllable please, I've just arrived from pocket PC world.

saldous
07-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Have you tried setting a blank password?

b1ackb1rd
07-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Thanks for replying, I've tried to enter a blank password but I get a message saying the password is too short.

The Vodafone paperwork that came with the unit says I should be able to do this ... is it possible to flash it back to 'as new' specification and start again?

xombi
07-21-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi,

Do you have an option that says, password which presumably is set to enabled, you should just be able to highlight that option, press the trackwheel, select change option and change it to disabled, then save (it should ask you for the password before it will let you save the change!)

Also you should be able to do a similar process on the lock handheld upon holster option to change it to no.

If this does not work though, I have no idea why!

b1ackb1rd
07-21-2005, 04:53 AM
The sub menu 'behind' the 'enabled' option does not include 'disabled', just the options listed above.

Will try to upgrade to 4.0 and see if that changes things.