PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry reconciliation

coreymtl
03-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I am using the BIS and not BES. I have my BB where I am synching to Bell Sympatico via POP3. When I delete on Berry, it deletes on the server. But when I delete on the server, if the email is already downloaded, it wont remove the email from the Berry.

How can I synch my emails between the two. When I get home and download the messages off the server thru outlook, however the emails stay on my Berry. How do I get rid of them without deleted them one by one?

My Options are already set to Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld.

Thanks,

corey

John Clark
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

There is a setting on the BIS site for this for your email account. However, in my experience, it usually takes 1-3 hours for it to reconcile when you delete from the server first.

coreymtl
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I had my entire email downlaod and removed from my server at 5pm. At 10pm, all emails were still on my Blackberry.

What is the setting you are referring to on the BIS site?

coreymtl
03-27-2008, 08:50 PM
I was suggested to use the director software instead. Anyone know how this works?

Dubdub
03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I was suggested to use the director software instead. Anyone know how this works?

The downside of using redirector is that your PC must be on and connected to the email for you to get your mail on the BB. For me that is/was a showstopper.

I can easily delete email on the BB, but it is pretty difficult to get it is I am several hours away from my PC.

coreymtl
03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
I dont mind keeping the computer on. Since I keep it always on anyway.

I agree it is easy to delete on the BB. But when I delete from hotmail or from Outlook, it still stays on my BB. However, if I delete from Berry it deletes from Hotmail.

Do you know if the redirector will delete from the blackberry once you delete from Outlook?

VirexInc
03-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Do you know if the redirector will delete from the blackberry once you delete from Outlook?

redirector is only what its name says. it redirects your outlook email to your device. it doesnt sync in anyway. so the answer to your question is no.

you should look up blackberry unite software that is in beta testing right now by RIM. it essentially will do the wireless syncing that you are looking for without being on an enterprise server 8-)