PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager Bluetooth issues

Laclint
03-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I have been searching all over the site and have found many solutions, none of which have worked for me. I'm running the newest Desktop Man. ver 4.3 on my Sony Vaio VGN-SZ320 or something like that, running XP Home SP2. The computer came with the bluetooth chip installed and the usual Toshiba stack. I have found my bth.inf file in the normal spot and as far as I can tell it should be fine. I've uninstalled the Toshiba stack and followed directions from there many times to no avail. The device manager shows a Toshiba bluetooth device under Network Adapters but nothing under Human Interface. After uninstallI receive the usual UGX error but nothing I've done since has helped. I've tried updating the driver and pointing it directly to the bth.inf but nothing happens. I don't have a bth.bak file or anything close to it. I've had to actually restore back a few days after I uninstalled the Toshiba stack, the Sony Recovery utility couldn't even reinstall the Toshiba stack. It's become very frustrating and I think I need some expert help.

Sith_Apprentice
03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
please do not post multiple threads on the same subject in different forums

Laclint
03-27-2008, 03:13 PM
sorry

Laclint
03-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Okay, I'm sorry about posting in a different forum, but apparently I'm not getting as many views or replies as I'd like in this appropriate forum. Do I have an admin's permission to pose this same question in a more popular forum? I'm not trying to be rude, just really desperate for help and these forums are definitely the best for BB advice.