PDA

View Full Version : Getting photos onto 7100

sure_mac
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm new to BB and loving the 7100t so far. I was able to save a photo off of my website successfully. But can I copy over or upload photos directly from my PC? I have the BBDesktop Manager not BES.

What am I missing?

Bratag
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Answer is unfortunately no at this stage the only way to get pics to the BB is to save off a web page.

Code Cannon
02-08-2005, 07:38 AM
I'm new to BB and loving the 7100t so far. I was able to save a photo off of my website successfully. But can I copy over or upload photos directly from my PC? I have the BBDesktop Manager not BES.

What am I missing?

You can do this with GTPhoto by Green Tech.

finch
02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
See the following thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2018&highlight=

BillG
05-27-2005, 04:02 PM

bossfan
05-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Check out this site: http://pix2fone.com/ It seems legit, and it works great for uploading either pictures off the web or pictures on your PC onto your phone.

MarkA
11-09-2005, 12:25 AM
are there any specific picture properties that are required? That is, size in pixels, format (jpeg)?

K20FTY
11-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Just a thought, but it's a doddle to email yourself a picture from another address & then save the attachment to the Blackberry...you can then get at them from the usual Applications/pictures

sward117
11-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Could you email the pictures to yourself then save the attachments on the Blackberry?

MozMan68
11-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Could you email the pictures to yourself then save the attachments on the Blackberry?

No?? When I get Jpegs as an attachment they show up as text on the email but there is no option in the menu to save or detach.

I use Ascend Photo. It works great because it gives you a virtual BlackBerry screen on your computer montir to size the pictures for your particular BlackBerry before you transfer over from your pc.....still doesn't let you open attachments directly on the BlackBerry.

Our head of MIS just mentioned that we will be getting the new BES?? server, so we will now have the capability to open pictures and attachments on our BlackBerrys.

bluidechik
11-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Viewing bmp, jpg, etc on blackberry "Must have a newer device with a color screen.
Must be registered with the Blackberry Internet Service website in order to view images on the Blackberry device. This will allow you to save the image as a file on the blackberry for use as background.

To access your service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service website
*Go to www.blackberry.com.
*Select Products at the top middle of the page.
*In the Software, click BlackBerry Internet Service.
*In the System Requirements section, click BlackBerry Internet Service support page.
*In the Accessing the BlackBerry Internet Service Website section, select your service provider. The service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service login page opens.
*Create your cingular blackberry account. You don't have to add any additional email accounts. This service just allows you to view these attachments when sent to your new cingular blackberry account associated with your blackberry.

To set Wireless Delete Options in BlackBerry Internet Service website,
On the Home Page, click Profile.
In the Wireless Delete Options, click permanent deletion.
Put a check mark next to Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.
Click Save. The Permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from handheld is now Enabled message appears at the top of the screen.
Note: Setting this option permanently deletes email messages when deleted from the handheld."

bluidechik
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
:razz: Must have a newer device with a color screen.
Must be registered with the Blackberry Internet Service website in order to view images on the Blackberry device. This will allow you to save the image as a file on the blackberry for use as background.

*Go to www.blackberry.com.
*In the System Requirements section, click BlackBerry Internet Service support page.
*In the Accessing the BlackBerry Internet Service Website section, select your service provider. The service provider’s BlackBerry Internet Service login page opens.
*Create your cingular blackberry account. You don't have to add any additional email accounts. This service just allows you to view these attachments when sent to your new cingular blackberry account associated with your blackberry.

Put a check mark next to Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.
Click Save. The Permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from handheld is now Enabled message appears at the top of the screen.
Note: Setting this option permanently deletes email messages when deleted from the handheld."

bluidechik
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Must have a newer device with a color screen.

*Go to www.blackberry.com

Nextel User
11-22-2005, 05:57 PM
thats one way to get 3 posts