PDA

View Full Version : Colors for different email accounts (BIS)

eddieb
03-28-2008, 02:11 AM
From reading this forum, it appears that if you have BES and you add a personal email account to your BB, you can have one of the email accounts display in a different color which easily distinguishes which email account the email came from or went to.

I have BIS and am using two different email accounts. Any way for me to visually distinguish which account an email belongs to (via colors, font or any other way)?

Thanks in advance.

zerog46
03-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Yes you can download and install BBSmart and color code them.

BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry® (http://www.blackberrysmart.com/)

akosnitzky
03-28-2008, 05:16 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

You can also indicate in your BIS setup if you would like to make an acct a "level 1" message. Which is another way to distinguish fonts.

eddieb
03-28-2008, 10:44 AM

You can also indicate in your BIS setup if you would like to make an acct a "level 1" message. Which is another way to distinguish fonts.

Thanks. That did it.

One more question on this. It showed up on my BB in a sorta red font. I would guess there is a place somewhere you can set how a Level 1 message is displayed or is this some kind of default?

rambo47
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I believe the red font messages are PIN messages. I don't believe you can change the color of the message in the folder, just when it's open (via BB Smart).

akosnitzky
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello Rambo.

No. It is a level 1 message. The user can go to the mailbox within the device and go to options and choose if PIN Messages should be treated as "level 1" or not.

rambo47
03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
:-o Learn something new every day! Can you make emails from certain contacts level 1 while leaving the others as they are?

akosnitzky
03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
No unfortunately. Unless there is a thirty party app that I am not aware of. Ideally, I would like RIM to allow different color fonts for different types of e-mail accounts which we can identify straight from the inbox.

Empower and or BB Smart allow you to distinguish accounts once you have opened teh actual message.

oldskoolboarder
04-03-2008, 01:23 PM
It seems that BBSmart only colors the emails when you open them. You can color code them in the email list, correct? I was hoping that I could go to the Mail app and see the emails in different colors in one shot so I know what came from where.

koleary19067
04-03-2008, 01:40 PM
It seems that BBSmart only colors the emails when you open them. You can color code them in the email list, correct? I was hoping that I could go to the Mail app and see the emails in different colors in one shot so I know what came from where.

We all wish for this feature in the future.

akosnitzky
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM

Yes you can download and install BBSmart and color code them.

BBSmart - Software for your BlackBerry® (http://www.blackberrysmart.com/)

Unless I am mistaken, the person would like to see the color coding directly from the inbox as opposed to first opening the message. It would be a great feature and I surprised it is not available.

TONY BERRY
04-06-2008, 06:01 PM
How you make moving pic in sign (like ant moving) or other kind
thanx guys

Mandel
04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I do not see where in BIS you can define that a certain account is "Level 1". On the device there is the facility to decide if PIN messages are "Level 1" and thus appear in red. Where do you define the Level 1 for a given email account? On the BIS setup on the PC or on the device? If the latter where?

Thanks

eddieb
04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I do not see where in BIS you can define that a certain account is "Level 1". On the device there is the facility to decide if PIN messages are "Level 1" and thus appear in red. Where do you define the Level 1 for a given email account? On the BIS setup on the PC or on the device? If the latter where?

Thanks

It's in the BIS setup on the PC. Create a new filter that will forward specific messages to your device as Level 1 messages. Thus any messages that meet the filter's requirements will be level 1 and show up in red on your BB.

Mandel
04-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks a lot. Had not noticed this feature. Works great. Thanks again

bomxom
04-09-2008, 01:56 PM
is there anyway to change the font of level 1 messages? once i set my filter to send the emails as level 1, the font was pretty big and bold, i just want to make it a little smaller if possible.

Thanks for all the help!

eddieb
04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
is there anyway to change the font of level 1 messages? once i set my filter to send the emails as level 1, the font was pretty big and bold, i just want to make it a little smaller if possible.

Thanks for all the help!

I don't believe there is. I researched this at one point cuz I have the same issue as you do with it, but couldn't find anything on the ability to change it. But it's not that big of a deal fortunately.

dak244
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM

PERFECT!!!!

I know all of that exists, just didn't put it together in my head.

Thank you so much.

dakatza
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
PERFECT!!!!

I know all of that exists, just didn't put it together in my head.

Thank you so much.

WARNING: Off Topic

dak244??? those wouldn't be your initials would they?